Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[BUG] V13.3.0 Issues [61] Solved [31]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [BUG] V13.3.0 Issues [61] Solved [31]
    Posted: 28 February 2010 at 8:59am
Hi,

This list contains problems/bugs regarding version V13.3
I believe creating a list is best thing to do, so other members are able to see what is wrong (don't get me wrong, RC is one of THE best CodeJock control, so it's not for pointing fingers) I hope many members will reply inhere so we can have a bugfree V14.0    Please do !!!
If you have a problem and it's hard to explain, please upload test project (it will be easier to describe issue)

Thanks a lot in advance

EDIT: I made some changes in this post to make it more readable. I replaced hyperlinks with an icon so you are able to see that there is a separate thread and clicking icon opens the post in new window. (btw bad choise of the icon but I can't change it because I can't see links anymore, nevermind...)

ISSUES:
  1. MaximumWidth property for columns doesn't work. You can still resize column.
  2.  When .Column.Sortable = False, the sort Icon is showing when the column is added to groupbox. [SOLVED in V13.3.1]
  3. SortIcon too far to the right side of the columnheader (also in Groupbox button) [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > Still not working, submitted Issue] [Fixed for V15.0]
  4.  SortIcon doesn't show when .HeaderAlignment = xtpAlignmentRight [Seems solved in V13.4.2]
  5. When adding column with default width and .MinimumWidth is set to value larger than the default width you get weird behaviour when trying to resize column again. It looks kindof strange that the splitter on the right is positioned on .MinimumWidth value. Would be better to check .MinimumWidth first when creating column. Same behaviour for .MaximumWidth (this isn't really a bug but it looked a little strange, minor issue is, we have to check the width ourselves when creating columns, that's all). 
  6.  RC redraw isn't working properly... If you scroll to columns beyond visible RC portion, the grouprow lines are cut off. [Fixed for V15.0]
  7.  Can't edit cells anymore. For now you have to set .CanEditCheckboxItem = True when adding RecordItems [SOLVED in V13.3.1]
  8.  When .IconView set to False the column order changes (everytime!!!)  [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 - [SOLVED in V13.4.0]
  9. If you would call a function in ItemChecked event what is taking a longer time to process and if MeasureRow event is used to set height of grouprows and/or rows the original height is used to draw items. After processing the RC isn't redrawn properly. Is there something we can do to prevent this?
  10.  BeforeDrawRow discussion: I hope you don't forget this and would be nice if we could have somekind of solution... 
  11. ShowItemsInGroups doesn't work anymore, seems you have to set property wndReportControl.Columns(0).Sortable = True + wndReportControl.Columns(0).Groupable = True  otherwise it doesn't work. I will try this with previous version because I think this is not the only problem... SOLVED in V13.4 but with remark
  12. Testing issue 11. I also saw that last column is "locked" when scrolled to last column. The column can't be clicked or dragged. It looks like that the SortIcon has to be visible otherwise it's locked????? Yes, I know this sounds weird but it does... [Because last column wasn't sortable and Groupable, Issue 11 is responsable for this behaviour]
  13.  Checkbox Icon in Grouprow (.UseGroupRowSelectionState = True) is positioned to much to the left (See image 13a) [Fixed for V15.0]
  14.  Tooltip columns shows <SortByText><Column name> + \Ascending In previous version it didn't... Mistake or implemented? If mistake please remove it, else please add property and allow user to change text in their own language. [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 - properties SortByIncreasingText + SortByDecreasingText added - SOLVED in V13.4.0]
  15. Tooltip columns shows only <Column name> even when .Sortable = true.
  16. If method .SetupIconView is called again weird things happen with RC. Does the iconview setup get removed when records and/or columns are deleted? Please destroy it when columns are removed from RC. [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 -Method SetIconViewToDefaults added [SOLVED in V13.4 , but with Remark see Remark 16]
  17. Scrollbars calculation with .IconView doesn't work properly. Scrollbars still shows even when entire contents is visible after clicking in RC area scrollbar disappears. Guess internal redraw will calculate scrollbars position and size again...  [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > Still not working, submitted Issue]
  18. When HeaderAlignment = xtpAlignmentRight Or xtpAlignmentIconLeft, the icon is placed on the left of the text and not on the left side of the column as in previous version does. @Baldur
  19. When the sorticon is visible, DrawSortTriangleAlways = True and the column is too small to draw the entire text, the place from the sorticon is calculated twice, what I mean is, the room between the three dots and the sorticon is as wide as an icon. The text is than too short (I guess). Than, what I don't understand is the difference between  DrawSortTriangleAlways and DrawSortTriangleStyle. If I set DrawSortTriangleAlways = True, it won't work. If I set DrawSortTriangleStyle = xtpReportDrawSortTriangleAlways, that works. Why do I need properties for this? @Baldur
  20.  When I set ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton = True, the buttons are shown correct, but this is not usefull. The user must click twice on the buttons. The first click fires RequestEdit-event, the second click fires than InplaceButtonDown-event. I think, the reportcontrol must fire then InplaceButtonDown immediatly after the RequestEdit and do the work. At the moment, the ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton is not functionable for an user. @Baldur [SOLVED] See explanation in this post.
  21. Expanding columns through code with .Expanded property doesn't work @keepITcool
  22. I have also found that the behaviour in v11.2.1 for drawing the column sort triangle can not be duplicated in v13.3.1 regardless of any combination of the report control paint manager properties DrawSortTriangleAlways (TRUE or FALSE)  or  DrawSortTriangleStyle(Always, Never, Default) @Guy1
  23. When editing the contents of a cell, the Enter Key doesn't appear to have any effect (and I can't trap the KeyDown event). This prevents the user from hitting 'Enter' if after they've typed in the desirable cell contents (in order to indicate they they've finished entering data in that cell).
  24.  PreviewItem seems to be broken - @keepITcool 
  25.  AllowSelectionCheck seems only to be working when the checkbox has been checked with LeftMouseButton first, after this you are able to check/uncheck with RightMouseButton [Fixed for V15.0]
  26.  With .HeaderAlignment = xtpAlignmentRight the sorticon isn't showing. If I'm not mistaken in V13.1 (or V13.0) the sorticon shows and caption will be repositioned to the left. Would like to see that again :) [Fixed for V15.0]
  27.  When setting Plus/Minus sign for a column the sortIcon is painted over Plus/Minus Icon when you don't set new property .SortTriangleOffsetFromRight. I don't want to keep track which columnheader has plus/minus sign to position the sorticon. Please look into previous version :)  [Fixed for V15.0]
  28.  When ReportItem with checkbox & Editable = True, the checkbox disappears while editing. If I'm correct this wasn't the case in V13.3.0 or earlier. [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > Still not working, submitted Issue > [Fixed for V15.0]
  29.  When ReportItem with Icon & Editable = True, the Icon disappears while editing. Same for Metrics.Icon. I'm sure this worked because of "major" discussion with Mark. WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > SOLVED in V13.4.0
  30.   It looks like the MouseUp event doesn't fire when the mouse is over a group row. @jpbro -  WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > SOLVED in V13.4.0
  31.  Drag&Drop doesn't seem to working with dropping rows in other group only dropping inside own group @Fabian - Seems this is by design and it is up to the developer to rearrange rows, see same post.  
  32.   Automatic tooltip shows unnecessarily when cell text contains newline characters. @jpbro - WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > SOLVED in V13.4.0
  33.   Automatic tooltip doesn't support newline characters (appear as boxes) @jpbro -  WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > SOLVED in V13.4.0
  34. In compiled exe dynamic formula evaluates an integer when it should not (sum result should be decimal) and replaces regional decimal separator "," to ".". Different formating options do not help. @roMi
  35. With IconView = True, sometimes the vertical scrollbar is showing but it's disabled... I have a contextmenu and after rightclick all items disappear. I think RC is trying to scroll to next row (internal) like with ordinary rows and because of IconView there isn't a last row??? Scrollbar is still disabled and you cannot see the icons, only resizing RC will restore this behaviour.
  36.  Sometimes Item.Caption is outside selection rectangle with .IconView = True. [Fixed for V15.0]
  37. Position of the treeline and the position of the childitem checkbox isn't OK @Tobi - [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4] Still in progress...
  38.  Method .ExpandAll, when no rows are present, causes Access Violation !!!! [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > SOLVED in V13.4.0
  39. With wndReportControl.PaintManager.UseGroupRowSelectionState = True the checkbox of first grouprow disappears when child of second grouprow is selected with arrow keys. To reproduce use CJ Report sample (Treeview dialog)
    • Add wndReportControl.ShowGroupbox = True
    • wndReportControl.PaintManager.UseGroupRowSelectionState = True
    • Run sample
    • Drag Sent & Subject to Groupbox
    • Select first grouprow
    • Arrow down (checkbox GroupRowSelectionState is NOT visible anymore)
    • Arrow down (checkbox GroupRowSelectionState is visible again)
  40. Just wondering: If I add constraints to a combobox (in an editable ReportItem), should it automatically select proper constraint when typing characters into ReportItem?
  41. Just wondering again: I would like to change the GroupCaption of a GroupRow... How, where and when? And would like an immediate update...
  42.  If %-sign is typed into a ReportItem, it will be accepted. But if an item already contains %-signs, these disappear on start edit. @Baldur [WILL BE SOLVED in V13.4 > SOLVED in V13.4]
  43. Expand/collapse sign disappears when having an ItemControlbutton with Parent Record @Baldur
    • To reproduce:
    • Add a column as treecolumn and set the Alignment = xtpAlignmentIconRight
    • Add record and childrecords (you see the tree-button on the right)
    • Add an ItemControlButton to parentrecord .Alignment = xtpAlignmentRight
    • Expand/Collapse sign isn't showing anymore !!!
  44.  MergeCells feature doesn't work correct @robirenz [Fixed for 15.1] Completely re-designed
  45. Tooltip doesn't show on grouped columns
  46. Just wondering again: If Iconview is set, should tooltip show automatically? Or do we have to set tooltip manually?
  47.  Bestfit doesn't calculate columnwidth right when having an icon in the header (IF ReportItem contents is less than the column caption) [Fixed for 15.0]
  48.  Setting both .ShowLockIcon = True and .UseShellIcon = True causes major problems. Skin of several controls will be detached!!! FYI: the number of USER objects (See Processes in Windows TaskManager) will increase everytime the form is sized, until about 3000 at that time the problems are "showing" [Fixed for V15.0]
  49. Question GPF generated when calling UpdateRecord in FocusChanging event @Stilki [Fixed for V15.0]
  50. Just wondering again: Why are ItemControls treated differently as InplaceButtons (button, combo & spin) @MarkMark
  51.  Removing ItemControls causes a crash (at some point) when mouse is over RecordItem @Coltu [Fixed for V15.0]
  52. CreateRowNumberColumn doesn't work OK with DataBinding feature. Column disappears when selecting another table @SHAN
  53.  PrintPreview subtotals not in right position @charlest [Fixed for V15.0]
  54. When setting wndReportControl.PaintManager.FixedRowHeight = False BEFORE setting wndReportControl.SetCustomDraw xtpCustomBeforeDrawRow the rowheight isn't automatically resized to it's contents anymore @Fabian
  55.  Landscape not working in createprintview @Lodep59 Solution: Me.PrintPreview1.Orientation = xtpOrientationLandscape (newly added property in V13.4.1)
  56.  In FocusChanging event NewItem and NewColumn return nothing (I don't know in which version it doesn't work anymore but tried with V13.4.1) It is designed... FocusSubitems should be True to have these values.
  57. Why can't we loop Record collection including childs of Parent records. Seems we have to loop childs ourselves... @markmark  
  58. With Print & PrintPreview,  MergedCells don't show anymore @Xander  [Fixed for 15.1]
  59.  It seems Metrics.Text is showing when editing ReportItem. @jpbro [Fixed for V15.0]
  60. When setting xtpAlignmentWordBreak, tooltip still shows, even when entire contents is visible. 
  61.  When setting a column EditControlStyle = xtpEditStyleMultiline (with TextFont set to a larger size) the selection is only partially and other part is cutoff. It's a Windows flaw, nothing can be done here.

REMARKS:

3.  4.   Look into V13.2.1 version (last version I checked with), it should work like that  

6.        In V13.2.1 both row lines and grouprow lines are cut off. In V13.3.0 only the row lines are solved
    9.        If you call wndReportControl.Redraw in ItemChecked event it does redraw but you see this (flickering)
    16.      If you don't call .Populate toggling .Iconview will show items again but on next redraw the items disappear, correct behaviour ??? 
    31.      What about drag&drop with child items into other "real" parent row
    11.      It works as expected but only when setting wndReportControl.AllowColumnRemove = False (note: the issue I mentioned has  been solved but this is about issue in issuetracker, also mentioned in release notes...) 

13a

REQUESTS:
  1. When .IconView is True, the captions show, but only partial. Is there a way to show entire caption or at least more characters?
  2. Prevent expanding grouprows after call .Populate
  3. Disable a column for clicking (a kind of dummy column, now when clicking column it shows pressed state)
  4. Have .EnableCustomization property (like the StatusBar.EnableCustomization) for HeaderSection (and there are 3 more sections, I believe... )
  5. When dropping columns onto the groupbox it would be wishfull to drag & drop the columns back into the header ONLY on the initial position of the column (when AllowColumnReorder = false). When having a column order and you don't allow the user to change it, this would be an option to have the order as initially was.
  6. Option to have auto resizing Columns after FreezeColumnsCount.
  7. AllowUserRowExpandCollapse - When True, users can expand/collapse rows by double-clicking them, or by clicking the glyph, or by pressing the left/right arrow keys). When False, users cannot expand/collapse rows under any of the previously mentioned circumstances, and the +/- glyphs are hidden from view. @jpbro
  8. BeforeRowExpandChanged(Row As XtremeReportControl.IReportRow, Cancel As Boolean) - Fired before any row is expanded or collapsed. Setting the Cancel property to TRUE would cancel the expansion/collapse of the row. @jpbro
  9. Skinned buttons for the GroupBox buttons? I would like to use my own button style. For FieldChooser as well.
  10. Property BottomRowIndex (opposit of TopRowIndex) 
  11. When selecting an item of combobox would it be nice to have the index of selected item without having to loop constraints @axdoverm 
  12. Would be nice to have more filter functionality with .FilterText
  13. Allow editing ReportItem in IconView
  14. Option to filter only on Parent records/rows (xtpReportFilterTreeByParentOnly) @Fabian & @Mike Lewis
  15. When a RecordItem has new line characters and the SetCustomDraw property has been set to xtpCustomMeasureRow,  the RecordItem shows multiple lines as expected. However, if you then group by that column, the Group Row shows the newline characters as boxes so maybe we need a "MaxGroupRowLines" property (also see post for other possibilities) @jpbro -  https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16842
  16. Reportcontrol EditOptions.AddComboButton Markup support.
  17. Format property removes all zero's after decimal character (1,20 will be 1,2)  and that's not what you want, if you are using currency values. See post: https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14461&PID=49829#49829
  18. FocusRect only on ReportItems.
  19. In addition to Filter functionality adding highlighted "found item(s)" option would be nice to have.
  20. Autosize ReportRow when editing multilines @markmark See post http://forum.codejock.com/new_reply_form.asp?PID=59674&PN=1&TR=1
  21. Grouping totals at the bottom of a group @charlest See post: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17174
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 1:31pm
    Set Column = wndReportControl.Columns.Add(COLUMN_SUBJECT, "Subject", 180, True)
    Column.MaximumWidth = 300
    Column.AutoSize = False

2. i'll look into it

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 2:35pm
Hi SuperMario,

OK, when AutoColumnSizing = False it's working.

• Is there any chance to implement this WITH AutoColumnSizing = True ?
  • Remark: When RC is resized and a few columns are set with .MaximumWidth the scrollbar is shown. This isn't a problem since I did set AutoColumnSizing = False,  but after resizing another column the columnheader "resets" (RC will try to fit columns into view) Why?
Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 3:16pm
OK I fixed #2.

The MaximumWidth logic is kinda messy, will need time to clean it up.
keepITcool View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 3:56pm
Just installed 13.3.1    (updated from 13.1)

ShowItemsInGroups doesn't work anymore...  I tried adding a redraw but alas.

Xtreme :SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.1.0
Language: VB 6.0
Platform: WinXP/Win7(32+64bit)
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by keepITcool keepITcool wrote:

Hi,

It seems to work when you set property wndReportControl.Columns(0).Sortable = True (also set .Groupable = True)

I will add this to the list, thanks for reply  

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

It seems to work when you set property wndReportControl.Columns(0).Sortable = True (also set .Groupable = True)

Aaron.  Tried with the extra settings, but it still doesnt work. It's crucial it does. I've reverted to 13.1..  13.3 is useless to me.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:48am
Hi,

It should work @keepITcool

With Me.ReportControl1
        .ShowItemsInGroups = True

With .Columns.Add(.Columns.Count, "Test 1", 100, True)

End With
End With

This doesn't:

With Me.ReportControl1
        .ShowItemsInGroups = True

With .Columns.Add(.Columns.Count, "Test 1", 100, True)
            .Sortable = False
        End With
End With

Otherwise show me your settings when adding columns...

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 3:20am
@Aaron. 
It's part of a form with 40 controls & 1500 lines of code.. I allow the user to change ShowItemsinGroups based on a togglebutton after the report is populated)..    When I add the columns (in form load) ShowItemsinGroups is false.  My code ran fine since version 12.. all thru 13.1....  I then tried 13.3 and it doesn't work.  .. to me that means a bug..  and i have no intention of changing my code to circumvent a new bug.

Option Explicit
Sub Build()
  With Me.ReportControl
    .Columns.Add 0, "Row", 50, True
    .Columns.Add 1, "Col", 50, True
  End With
End Sub
Sub Fill()
  Dim n&
  With Me.ReportControl
    .Records.DeleteAll
    For n = 0 To 999
      With .Records.Add()
        With .AddItem(n)
          .GroupCaption = "RowGroup" & n \ 10
          .GroupPriority = n \ 10
         End With
         With .AddItem(n \ 5)
          .GroupCaption = "ColGroup" & n \ 20
          .GroupPriority = n \ 20
         End With
      End With
    Next
    .Populate
  End With
End Sub
Private Sub Check_Click()
  With Me.ReportControl
    .SortOrder.DeleteAll
    .SortOrder.Add .Columns(0)
    .ShowItemsInGroups = Check.Value
  End With
End Sub
Private Sub Form_Load()
  Build
  Fill
End Sub

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 3:17pm

@Aaron. 
It's part of a form with 40 controls & 1500 lines of code.. I allow the user to change ShowItemsinGroups based on a togglebutton after the report is populated)..    When I add the columns (in form load) ShowItemsinGroups is false.  My code ran fine since version 12.. all thru 13.1....  I then tried 13.3 and it doesn't work.  .. to me that means a bug..  and i have no intention of changing my code to circumvent a new bug.

Option Explicit
Sub Build()
  With Me.ReportControl
    .Columns.Add 0, "Row", 50, True
    .Columns.Add 1, "Col", 50, True
  End With
End Sub
Sub Fill()
  Dim n&
  With Me.ReportControl
    .Records.DeleteAll
    For n = 0 To 999
      With .Records.Add()
        With .AddItem(n)
          .GroupCaption = "RowGroup" & n \ 10
          .GroupPriority = n \ 10
         End With
         With .AddItem(n \ 5)
          .GroupCaption = "ColGroup" & n \ 20
          .GroupPriority = n \ 20
         End With
      End With
    Next
    .Populate
  End With
End Sub
Private Sub Check_Click()
  With Me.ReportControl
    .SortOrder.DeleteAll
    .SortOrder.Add .Columns(0)
    .ShowItemsInGroups = Check.Value
  End With
End Sub
Private Sub Form_Load()
  Build
  Fill
End Sub

Just tried your code, it works just as I expected.  Do you have a video of the correct\incorrect behavior?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 3:41pm
It works in 13.1 but it won't work in 13.3.1  (tried non-unicode and unicode)  OCX dated 3-3-2010 15:16
Why do you want a VIDEO? don't you believe me? i toggle the checkbox and the grouprows refuse to appear. simple as that. 

I'm running VB6 on a 64bit Windows7 ... 
Where can i mail the two exe files?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 5:54pm
Aaron, i attached a fix for #3 in issuetrack (#24109), please try it
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 5:55pm

It works in 13.1 but it won't work in 13.3.1  (tried non-unicode and unicode)  OCX dated 3-3-2010 15:16
Why do you want a VIDEO? don't you believe me? i toggle the checkbox and the grouprows refuse to appear. simple as that. 

I'm running VB6 on a 64bit Windows7 ... 
Where can i mail the two exe files?

No, I DO believe you, but can't help if I can't reproduce.  Mail to support@codejock.com please.  I am also in Win7 x64 and all versions of VS :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 5:31pm
I'm converting an existing report to "Virtual" doing my own grouping/sorting etc.  I developed in 13.1 and all was fine...(finally I can display 60.000 items without using 300Mb) .. but the new MergeCells capabilities were(are!) tempting so I can draw my "virtual grouprows" on the entire row instead of the first column only.

So I tried 13.3.. and not entirely to my surprise I soon ran into more bugs.. I've set a TreeColumn to be able to expand/collaps my (homemade) groups. However the Treestructure (in my case dots)  isn't drawn.. at least not on the visible part of my report..the ColumnAligment setting is disregarded.. all text in the treecolumn is Leftaligned.

Again I (had to) revert to 13.1 and never got round to merging cells....

Don't get me wrong.. I appreciate your efforts to improve the report.. but I dont want to be a beta tester. If controls are RELEASED then someone should do some quality control.

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 5:35am
Hi Aaron,

additional issues needed for next release (Version 13.3.1):

when HeaderAlignment = xtpAlignmentRight Or xtpAlignmentIconLeft, the icon is placed on the left of the text and not on the left side of the column as in previous version does.

When the sorticon is visible, DrawSortTriangleAlways = True and the column is too small to draw the entire text, the place from the sorticon is calculated twice, what i meen is, the room between the three dots and the sorticon is as wide as an icon. The text is than too short (i guess).

Than, what i don't understand is the differenc between  DrawSortTriangleAlways and DrawSortTriangleStyle.
If i set DrawSortTriangleAlways = true, it won't work.
If i set DrawSortTriangleStyle = xtpReportDrawSortTriangleAlways, that works.
Why do i need to properties for this ?

When i set ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton = True, the buttons are shown correct, but this is not usefull.
The user must click twice on the buttons. The first click fires RequestEdit-event, the second click fires than InplaceButtonDown-event.
I think, the reportcontrol must fire then InplaceButtonDown immediatly after the RequestEdit and do the work.
At the moment, the ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton is not functionable for an user.
Guy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 7:44pm
Hi Aaron and Baldur,

I have also found that the behaviour in v11.2.1 for drawing the column sort triangle can not be duplicated in v13.3.1 regardless of any combination of the report control paint manager properties DrawSortTriangleAlways (TRUE or FALSE)  or  DrawSortTriangleStyle(Always, Never, Default).

The problem we see is when the column alignment is right justified, the sort triangle does not appear regardless of how wide the column, or how small the column caption is.  This was working fine, at least in our opinion, in v11.  We upgraded from v11 to v13 and never used v12, so I don't know when the change was introduced.

I don't know if this is a bug, or an intentional enhancement.  Either way, it would be nice to see the sort triangle, when there is enough room for it, regardless of the column alignment.

We are using Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX v13.3.1

Thanks,
Guy
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 3:55pm
Hi Guy,

Thanks for sharing this. In my opinion the entire column management has been turned upside down since last few versions. If you look at my list of issues more than 50-75% is about columns and their properties. Said enough? I really hope CJ will fix these issues in next version.

Well, if you have more issues please share them in this post and I will keep this post updated if there are fixes / solved issues.

Thanks

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 9:27am

Testing 13.3.1

CanEditCheckBoxItem .. setting it true or false seems to make no difference.
Just wondering what  a) it does b) is does not c) is supposed to do.

Documentation is not very helpful but I expected this property to prevent user to click a checkbox for the item.
(while allowing the display of "enabled" checkboxes... setting the column or item's .Editable=false prevents edit, but shows "dimmed" checks.

Addendum:
Circumvention: Cancel the user's actions in the ItemChecked event e.g. Item.Checked = Not Item.Checked

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 4:58pm

[...]
CanEditCheckBoxItem .. setting it true or false seems to make no difference.
Just wondering what  a) it does b) is does not c) is supposed to do.
[...] 

Hi,

.CanEditCheckBoxItem = True + .Editable = True: You are able to edit cell with checkbox , ie you can also enter values into cell 
.CanEditCheckBoxItem = False + .Editable = True: You aren't able to edit cell with checkbox but you can still check/uncheck checkbox
.CanEditCheckBoxItem = True + .Editable = False: You aren't able to edit cell with checkbox and checkbox is disabled

Hope this helps

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 5:22pm

in my book two booleans makes 4 combinations...

Maybe:
.CanEditCheckBoxItem=false +.Editable=false... You aren't able to edit , you aren;t able to check/uncheck, but the damn things aren't dimmed.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 7:32am

[...]
.CanEditCheckBoxItem=false +.Editable=false... You aren't able to edit , you aren;t able to check/uncheck, but the damn things aren't dimmed.
[...]

Hi,

I don't know what is wrong but with my test it's working as should. See attached test project

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepITcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 8:08am
I want a checkbox just for display.... i set the checks in code: user cannot change. 

it just looks funny when the checkboxes are dimmed ( so i want them to DISPLAY undimmed )... 
I've solved it by cancelling his actions in the event handler.

I'm VERY happy with the fancy glyphs :-)  Didn't know that trick => going to implement that NOW.
Addendum: hmm.. no fancy glyphs, didn't relialize that the ImageManager was a control on the form... have enough to distribute, can do without the commandbars. .. but if I have time i will load the icons into my "resource blob".
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 9:04am
Hi,

If you change icons for disabled checkboxes (ImageManager Icons) and use same icons as for enabled checkbox you don't have "dimmed" checkboxes

Following Icons in ImageManager with their index

2 = Unchecked
3 = Checked
4 = Unchecked (disabled)
5 = Checked (disabled)

Just copy ImageManagerIcon with index 2 > 4 and 3 > 5 in my uploaded test project and set .Checked in code

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 7:03pm
Hi Aaron, could you please add these issues to your list

1) Automatic tooltip shows unnecessarily when cell text contains newline characters
2) Automatic tooltip doesn't support newline characters (appear as boxes)

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14059&PID=56485#56485

Thanks a lot, and thanks again for maintaining this list!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 1:54pm
8. When .IconView set to False the column order changes (everytime!!!)
Using our report sample and the option from the main menu it seems the column order stays the same...steps?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 3:07pm

I finally tracked down the issue, the fix was actually in response to Aaron's issue #22055.  Mark's fix made is so that setting ShowItemsInGroups will not immediately take effect.  It will only work once you click on a column.

keepITcool and Aaron, I'm attaching a new OCX to your issues so you can make sure the new OCX works as you expect
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Using our report sample and the option from the main menu it seems the column order stays the same...steps?

Hi SuperMario,

Here is a test project.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:01am

Hi SuperMario,

Here is a test project.

Thanks for the sample.  Just fixed this.  Write to support if you want to test it.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:09am
I submitted a fix for this in issuetrack, did it not work?

11.ShowItemsInGroups doesn't work anymore, seems you have to set property wndReportControl.Columns(0).Sortable = True + wndReportControl.Columns(0).Groupable = True  otherwise it doesn't work. I will try this with previous version because I think this is not the only problem...
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:48am
Aren't #16 and #8 the same?  Internally these columns are just hidden, the same as the normal columns are just hidden when iconview is set.  With Aaron's sample I am sure this is fixed now.  There was a step in there that was only intended for row # columns that was getting called for iconview as well.

Again, write to support for the fix.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:50am
#17 should also be fixed, Aaron's sample showed this too, now it is fixed.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 12:56pm
can you modify your sample to show this?

With IconView = True, sometimes the vertical scrollbar is showing but it's disabled... I have a contextmenu and after rightclick all items disappear. I think RC is trying to scroll to next row (internal) like with ordinary rows and because of IconView there isn't a last row??? Scrollbar is still disabled and you cannot see the icons, only resizing RC will restore this behaviour. 
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 2:57pm

can you modify your sample to show this?

With IconView = True, sometimes the vertical scrollbar is showing but it's disabled... I have a contextmenu and after rightclick all items disappear. I think RC is trying to scroll to next row (internal) like with ordinary rows and because of IconView there isn't a last row??? Scrollbar is still disabled and you cannot see the icons, only resizing RC will restore this behaviour. 

Hi SuperMario,

Seems this is combination of SkinStyle and ReportControl. I created sample to select a different skin to see different behaviour.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start exe (No skin is loaded)
  2. Resize form (only width) just a few pixels
  3. Scrollbar thumb will be resized
  4. Now try to click on scrollbar arrows to scroll to item 9 + 10
  5. Doesn't work, right?
  6. Resize form (smaller, about 4 items showing) and you will see that the scrollbars will be resized and you are able to click on arrows again
Just try this with a skinstyle and you will see that scrollbars are disabled.

Thanks

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 2:53am

11.ShowItemsInGroups doesn't work anymore, seems you have to set property wndReportControl.Columns(0).Sortable = True + wndReportControl.Columns(0).Groupable = True  otherwise it doesn't work. I will try this with previous version because I think this is not the only problem...

Hi SuperMario,

I didn't see that you uploaded new OCX  So I created a test project for this (before registering new OCX) I tried with V13.3.1 and I don't see what is wrong. It works as expected or I'm missing something...

@SuperMario: What did you fix in new OCX?

@keepITcool: please test this with uploaded project and report back the results.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 4:54am

Aren't #16 and #8 the same?  Internally these columns are just hidden, the same as the normal columns are just hidden when iconview is set.  With Aaron's sample I am sure this is fixed now.  There was a step in there that was only intended for row # columns that was getting called for iconview as well.

Again, write to support for the fix.

Hi SuperMario,

No they aren't the same. Here's is test project to demonstrate

Steps:
  1. Start Issue #16.exe
  2. Select in menu test > IconView
  3. Select in menu test > Remove Columns and Records
  4. Select in menu test > IconView
  5. Runtime error
How can we prevent this ourselves?

@SuperMario: Again, write to support for the fix.
@Aaron: If I submit ticket only for testing fixes you can upload new OCX everytime without having me to write to support everytime

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 11:24am

Hi SuperMario,

No they aren't the same. Here's is test project to demonstrate

Steps:
  1. Start Issue #16.exe
  2. Select in menu test > IconView
  3. Select in menu test > Remove Columns and Records
  4. Select in menu test > IconView
  5. Runtime error
How can we prevent this ourselves?

I added SetIconViewToDefaults to internally reset all the values associated with IconView\Row#Column.  You will need to call this if you remove all columns.  It will also set IconView to FALSE.

Me.ReportControl1.Records.DeleteAll
    Me.ReportControl1.Columns.DeleteAll
    Me.ReportControl1.SetIconViewToDefaults
    Me.ReportControl1.Populate
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 11:50am

@SuperMario: What did you fix in new OCX?

@keepITcool: please test this with uploaded project and report back the results.

from an earlier post
"I finally tracked down the issue, the fix was actually in response to Aaron's issue #22055.  Mark's fix made is so that setting ShowItemsInGroups will not immediately take effect.  It will only work once you click on a column."

He was right, old behavior as soon as you set ShowItemsInGroups it would IMMEDIATELY perform this for you, after mark made changes you had to click on a column first.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 11:52am
#31, please read my explanation:

https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16490

I am not sure how else it should work?
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 12:07pm

FYI, the forum don't like the "#" in a file name you upload.  I had to and rename\fix the links from yesterday

Hi SuperMario,

I will remove # from the filenames, I did this just to recognize issue number better and if I'm not mistaken you use it in IssueTracker as well. But I will use underscore, OK?

Thanks for replying in this post, just a few issue and we are ready for V14.0

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 12:29pm

#31, please read my explanation:

https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16490

I am not sure how else it should work?

Hi SuperMario,

If I look at your explanation I would say you are right, why would I remove an already grouped row from another group? It surely belongs to that group otherwise it wasn't in it, you are right about that. BUT does it also mean if I drag&drop CHILD rows that belong to a PARENT row (not grouped ones) the drop doesn't work either? I think this should be possible, don't you think? Just like you are dragging&dropping TreeView items (like MS Explorer...)  We will use Fabian's post to discuss this a little further and ask Fabian what he thinks.

Thanks

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 12:34pm

[...]

I finally tracked down the issue, the fix was actually in response to Aaron's issue #22055.  Mark's fix made is so that setting ShowItemsInGroups will not immediately take effect.  It will only work once you click on a column."

He was right, old behavior as soon as you set ShowItemsInGroups it would IMMEDIATELY perform this for you, after mark made changes you had to click on a column first.

Hi SuperMario,

Please look into #22055, I replied on last comment of Mike.

If you need test project again, just let me know

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 3:09pm
#28 and #29 should now be fixed, including BOTH bugs from the #29 thread.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 3:34pm

Added
wndReportControl.PaintManager.SortByDecreasingText
wndReportControl.PaintManager.SortByIncreasingText
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 3:40pm
#15 Tooltip columns shows only <Column name> even when .Sortable = true.

I am not sure what you expect here...the column must actually be sorted to the SortBy text to be used.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 5:00am

#15 Tooltip columns shows only <Column name> even when .Sortable = true.

I am not sure what you expect here...the column must actually be sorted to the SortBy text to be used.

Hi SuperMario,

If I'm not mistaken the tooltip was ALWAYS showing: .SortByText + name of column (in previous versions...)
Even when column isn't sorted yet. That's why I noticed this. But if you want me to test this just say so

Thanks

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 5:23am

#28 and #29 should now be fixed, including BOTH bugs from the #29 thread.

Hi SuperMario,

#28 works OK

I guess .ShowIconWhenEditing True has been added to get #29 working, right?

Question: What does .IsShowIconWhenEditing do?

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 8:46am
Yes, ShowIconWhenEditing was added to fix #29.  Since Mark's "fix" was over a year ago there is a good chance some report user's do not want\expect an icon to be visible while editing, so the next best thing is to add an option to change this.

IsShowIconWhenEditingis just used so you can check to see if the icon will be shown while editing.  It is just there so you don't have to keep track whether you called Report.ShowIconWhenEditing True.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 2:40pm

Yes, ShowIconWhenEditing was added to fix #29.  Since Mark's "fix" was over a year ago there is a good chance some report user's do not want\expect an icon to be visible while editing, so the next best thing is to add an option to change this.

IsShowIconWhenEditingis just used so you can check to see if the icon will be shown while editing.  It is just there so you don't have to keep track whether you called Report.ShowIconWhenEditing True.

Hi SuperMario,

Why added two methods, why not one property (read/write)?  

Thanks

btw could you remove all senseless replies in this post (also the ones which you fixed already)? The rubber of my mousewheel has been completely worn out from scrolling up and down this post   Also check a few replies I did which you haven't replied to

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 12:49pm

It seams a hard work, to solve all the problems.

I need only issue 4 to be solved:
SortIcon doesn't show when .HeaderAlignment = xtpAlignmentRight

Only a little bug:

Sometimes, my users create data with more then 1000 columns, each 100px width!
In this case, the horizontal scolling does not work correctly.
I can't reach the last column with the scollbar, if i move the scrollbar with mouse, the position jumps everytime to the first column.

To prevent flickering if i make many changes in the reportcontrol, i use the windows-function:
SendMessage(hWnd, WM_SETREDRAW, 0, 0&) to Lock the updates
SendMessage(hWnd, WM_SETREDRAW, 1, 0&) to unlock the updates
It works fine, but if the window is locked, the Navigator.MoveToColumn doesn't work. I must first unlock the window, but than i have a flicker again. Also, i use customdraw-items and each item is than be drawn twice, first at unlock window, second at MoveToColumn.

FocusedRow property can be set and works as expected, FocusedColumn can be set but has no effect (thats the reason i use the navigator).
Also EnsureVisible-Method has no effect.
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 3:33am
Hi Aaron

Point 31 (Drag&Drop if grouped does nothing) seems to be 'by design'. RC simply throws Drop event and it is up to the developer to rearange rows.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 8:45am
Hi Aaron, I'm here .
Does Codejock anything at the reportcontrol?

Now i have upgraded to reportcontrol 13.3.1 with some workarounds (e.g. Sorticons), but now i use first time the treeview and have new little errors:

If you use Column.Alignment = xtpAlignmentIconRight
the +/- Button will also aligned on the right.
If i than use

With Item.ItemControls.AddButton(0)
            .SetIconIndex xtpReportItemButtonStateNormal, 1149
            .Themed = True
            .setSize 16, 16
            .Alignment = xtpReportItemControlRight
        End With
the +/- Button is hidden and i can't expand/reduce the row any more.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:09am
Don't worry, before 14 we will address this list.
Smooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 3:14pm
About property column (header) maximum width (Issue #1 in Aaron's list), there need turn off autosizing option and then maximum width property work correctly.
Example set max width 100 for column #0 (C++):
m_wndReportCtrl.GetColumns()->GetAt(0)->SetAutoSize(FALSE); // cancel column autosizing
m_wndReportCtrl.GetColumns()->GetAt(0)->SetMaxWidth(100);   // set maximum width constraint
Smooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 3:19pm
Now automatic tooltips supports new line characters in text as specific case of multilined tooltips. (Issues #32 #33)
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Smooky Smooky wrote:

About property column (header) maximum width (Issue #1 in Aaron's list), there need turn off autosizing option and then maximum width property work correctly.
Example set max width 100 for column #0 (C++):
m_wndReportCtrl.GetColumns()->GetAt(0)->SetAutoSize(FALSE); // cancel column autosizing
m_wndReportCtrl.GetColumns()->GetAt(0)->SetMaxWidth(100);   // set maximum width constraint

Hi,

Yes, SuperMario already explained you have to set AutoColumnSizing = False in order to get this working. OK, that's fine with me but what about my remarks?

1. Is there any chance to implement this WITH AutoColumnSizing = True ?
  2. When RC is resized and a few columns are set with .MaximumWidth the scrollbar is shown. This isn't a problem since I did set AutoColumnSizing = False,  but after resizing another column the columnheader "resets" (RC will try to fit columns into view) Why?

Thanks for solving #32 & #33

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 5:32am
When can we calculate with a new version ?
I ask for, because my current subscription expires in November 2010.
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:41am
New importend BUG in ReportControl 13.3.1!

If i type in the editfield of the reportitem a %-Sign, it will be accepted.
But if an item already contains %-signs, this disapears on start edit.

You can test this behaviour in the codjocks examples.

I need an urgent solution, because the %-sign is important for my application.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Baldur Baldur wrote:

New imported BUG in ReportControl 13.3.1!

If i type in the edit field of the reportitem a %-Sign, it will be accepted.
But if an item already contains %-signs, this disappears on start edit.

You can test this behavior in the codejocks examples.

I need an urgent solution, because the %-sign is important for my application.

Actually behavior was like this since April 2009.  The idea was to strip "%" from all non-text items, which works fine in MFC, but breaks it in COM.  We fixed this for the next release.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 3:06am

Hi Aaron, I'm here .
Does Codejock anything at the reportcontrol?

Now i have upgraded to reportcontrol 13.3.1 with some workarounds (e.g. Sorticons), but now i use first time the treeview and have new little errors:

If you use Column.Alignment = xtpAlignmentIconRight
the +/- Button will also aligned on the right.
If i than use

With Item.ItemControls.AddButton(0)
            .SetIconIndex xtpReportItemButtonStateNormal, 1149
            .Themed = True
            .setSize 16, 16
            .Alignment = xtpReportItemControlRight
        End With
the +/- Button is hidden and i can't expand/reduce the row any more.

Hi Baldur,

I seem to miss this one... I tried to reproduce this but I can't. What should I see or do to get this?

Thanks

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 6:23am
It's so as described.
Add a column as treecolumn and set the iconalignment.
If you than add records and childrecords, you see the tree-button on the right.
In the second step add a itemcontrolbutton to the parentrecords, align them to the right and the treebuttom disapears.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 7:06am

It's so as described.
Add a column as treecolumn and set the iconalignment.
If you than add records and childrecords, you see the tree-button on the right.
In the second step add a itemcontrolbutton to the parentrecords, align them to the right and the treebuttom disapears.

Hi Baldur,

I could reproduce your issue but next time you have to upload a test project... CJ wants one anyway and I'm only the messenger not the issue test project creator  But I will add this to the list, thanks.

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:07am
Thanks Aaron, i will remember this at next issue.

But a simply question:
Does MergePreviousCells not work on headerrecords or footerrecords ?

I would like this feature to combine HeaderRowItems to draw combined HeaderCaptions.
It would also be nice to support Gradient-Colors on RecordItems like Columns.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 12:47pm

Thanks Aaron, i will remember this at next issue.

But a simply question:
Does MergePreviousCells not work on headerrecords or footerrecords ?

I would like this feature to combine HeaderRowItems to draw combined HeaderCaptions.
It would also be nice to support Gradient-Colors on RecordItems like Columns.

Hi Baldur,

My first guess would be: MergePreviousCells isn't supported with headerrecords / footerrecords   

As a lot of other features like:
  1. Adding child records to headerrecords is possible but they don't show
  2. Adding child records to footerrecords is possible but they don't show
  3. Using formulas doesn't seem to be working
  4. And ???? CodeJock support ????
I don't use header/footer records so I don't know for sure, but the ones in above list don't work...

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 8:31am
42 If %-sign is typed into a ReportItem, it will be accepted. But if an item already contains %-signs, these disappear on start edit.

I fixed that back when reported :)
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 8:56am
Hello,

how can i get this fix ?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:35am
Also 38 is already fixed
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:35am

Hello,

how can i get this fix ?

13.4 comes out next week :)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:38am
37 I added properties to help you customize this, the last post from Tobi is more of a feature request than bug, so I consider that resolved and have Tobi's request on our TODO list (after all other bugs fixed of course)
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 10:39am
I have now installed the release 13.4.0, but the drawing of headers with icon and sorticon is not correct.
The width of the column is wide enought, but the text is added with three dots and the space between the text and the sorticon seams the with of the icon.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:22am
Hi SuperMario,

I noticed you released V13.4 but what about other issues? Are they going to be solved for V14.0?

There are a few unanswered questions/remarks in this post, could you reply on these as well?

Thanks a lot

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 12:25pm
Additionally i have now a new problem.
Some Programs ar delivered with 13.3.1, one new program comes now with 13.4.0.

Because the class-id of the ocx-controls are not changed, the old programms will call the new ocx's. Normally this would by fine, but now i get a license-error at runtime, because the integrated license from 13.3.1 is changed to 13.4.0.

So in this case, the versions 13.3.1 and 13.4.0 could not be installed at the same time !!!

Now i must compile all projects to the new version, but the vb6-ide don't recognise the new version so i have manually update all projectfiles with the new 13.4.0 version.

Thats really heavy.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 10:49am
Originally posted by jpbro jpbro wrote:

Hi Aaron, could you please add these issues to your list

1) Automatic tooltip shows unnecessarily when cell text contains newline characters
2) Automatic tooltip doesn't support newline characters (appear as boxes)

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14059&PID=56485#56485

Thanks a lot, and thanks again for maintaining this list!

Hi,

Jason: Tooltip supports vbNewLine in V13.4

SuperMario: I don't get automatic tooltip when mouse is over reportitem
                     btw I did submit few issues in IssueTracker (see topmost post)

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 4:21am

Hi SuperMario,

It works OK, but you have to set wndReportControl.AllowColumnRemove = False otherwise you will still "loose" (already dragged to groupbox) columns. Is this correct? It's not accidentally implemented this way?  

Thanks

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2010 at 3:11pm

Set Column = wndReportControl.Columns.Add(COLUMN_SUBJECT, "Subject", 180, True)
    Column.MaximumWidth = 300
    Column.AutoSize = False

Hi SuperMario,

In release notes: Set column maximum width constraint now works correctly independent of column autosize option

I tested this and it seems that column will be resized beyond MaximumWidth value. I would have guessed, if MaximumWidth is reached, the column wouldn't be resized anymore...

Please use test project to see what I mean and try different settings (AutoColumnSizing and AutoSize in menu) and notice unexpected behaviour (for me it looks that way and I don't know what to expect anymore so I'm asking you)

Thanks

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 2:49am

Hi Aaron,

[...] 
When i set ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton = True, the buttons are shown correct, but this is not usefull.
The user must click twice on the buttons. The first click fires RequestEdit-event, the second click fires than InplaceButtonDown-event.
I think, the reportcontrol must fire then InplaceButtonDown immediatly after the RequestEdit and do the work.
At the moment, the ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton is not functionable for an user.

Hi,

I had to give it a try with V13.4.2
Well to be honest, it's working as should Wink

If you allow your users to edit the 'cell', the edit portion has to be selected, right? If you only allow user to select one of the options inside combo, you have to set .AllowEdit = False. This forces the combo to be visible. If entire column should do same set values in Column collection

With Me.wndReportControlStatus
        .AllowEdit = True                           'Should be True otherwise you can edit anything

With .PaintManager
            .ShowNonActiveInPlaceButton = True
        End With

With .Columns
            With .Add(0, "Column 1", 100, True)
                With .EditOptions
                    .AllowEdit = False             'Only set if you allow typing in 'cell'
                    .ConstraintEdit = True      'Should be True otherwise your selected value from combo isn't set
                    .AddComboButton True
                    .Constraints.Add "Item 1", 1
                    .Constraints.Add "Item 2", 2
                    .Constraints.Add "Item 3", 3
                End With
            End With
        End With

Dim i As Integer
        For i = 1 To 2
            With .Records.Add
                .AddItem 1
                .AddItem "Some value"
            End With
        Next i

.Populate

End With
I think this is what you mean... I will add [SOLVED] to this issue Wink

McKloony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKloony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 3:36am
Could you please also add the following bug to the list:

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) 16.2.5

Platform: XP / Windows 7

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 10:40am
Originally posted by McKloony McKloony wrote:

This has already been fixed.

Codejock support
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

Originally posted by McKloony McKloony wrote:

This has already been fixed.

Marcus: This post is about V13.3 bugs/problems, I don't intend to add any other bugs from other version too. I may hope that every single bug is tackled as soon as a members posts it. Please don't force me to create such list again... ever...

Andre: When will this list be addressed? There are a few 'problems' remaining LOL Would be nice if these bugs/problems are solved in next release.

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 10:22am

Please be patient :)  Things like #44 required many hours of re-write.  You are in good hands now, so rest assured they will all be addressed.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 1:52am
Hi,

Andre: Are some of these issues on your TODO list as well? Or are there already issues solved in new version? Any communication will be greatly appreciated Wink

Thanks

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 1:09am
Hi Aaron,

a lot of the issues from the list have already been fixed. For example these:

#44 MergeCells feature doesn't work correct
#58 With Print & PrintPreview,  MergedCells don't show anymore

Andre

Codejock support
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 8:52am
Hi Andre,

Why don't you edit the post (same as SuperMario did in the past) and add if it has been solved or reply on this post and I will do it for you.

Did you solve only those two or are there more? I (and maybe other members) would like to know if you did. 

btw there are a few questions/issues left, do you intend to work on those too?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic