Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reading caption of group row - how to

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reading caption of group row - how to
    Posted: 22 May 2010 at 11:12am
Hi all

I try to get the text of a group row that I set with Metrics.Text. GroupCaption returns "" or the value I set previously with .GroupCaption="...". Is it really not possible to get the effectively displayed text of a group row or do I miss something?

Thanks for any help
Fabian
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 3:10pm
Hi Fabian,

Metrics uses "copy" of Row, Record etc.etc. collection not the other way around. If you want the .GroupRow caption to be reusable you have to assign value to it.

Private Sub wndReportControl_BeforeDrawRow(ByVal Row As XtremeReportControl.IReportRow, ByVal Item As XtremeReportControl.IReportRecordItem, ByVal Metrics As XtremeReportControl.IReportRecordItemMetrics)

Dim reportGroupRow As XtremeReportControl.ReportGroupRow
    If Row.GroupRow Then
    Set reportGroupRow = Row
        reportGroupRow.GroupCaption = "What ever value you already assigned to Metrics.Text"
    End If
End Sub

Now the .GroupCaption value can be used..... and should work..... and it seems it doesn't work either  because assigning values to Row, Record and Item only get updated after next Redraw. This is very annoying because it will affect grouping as well (drag 2 columns to Groupbox and drag one back to the header and check the GroupCaption)

I will add this to my list and ask CJ to fix this because there are more problems than just this and thanks for reminding me

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 1:11am
Hi Fabian,

I tried again and it seems that you can only update GroupCaption immediately: assigning value to GroupCaption AND using Metrics.Text to display value

Private Sub wndReportControl_BeforeDrawRow(ByVal Row As XtremeReportControl.IReportRow, ByVal Item As XtremeReportControl.IReportRecordItem, ByVal Metrics As XtremeReportControl.IReportRecordItemMetrics)

Dim reportGroupRow As XtremeReportControl.ReportGroupRow
    If Row.GroupRow Then
    Set reportGroupRow = Row
        reportGroupRow.GroupCaption = "What ever value you already assigned to Metrics.Text"
        Metrics.Text = reportGroupRow.GroupCaption 'This will update GroupCaption immediately otherwise it updates on next redraw
    End If
End Sub

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 11:05am

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot! Will try that.

Regards
Fabian
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic