Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drag and Drop doesn't work if RC grouped

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drag and Drop doesn't work if RC grouped
    Posted: 23 March 2010 at 2:49am

Working with VB6 and CJ suite 13.3.1

If I have a list (sorted or not) I can D&D as expected in the above example. As soon as I group a column D&D doesn't work. This was working in 13.1.0!

Thanks for any help or idea what I was doing wrong 
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 3:05am
Hi Fabian,

Your upload doesn't contain VB files

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 3:15am
Hi Aaron,

Corrected, you are right, sorry for that mistake

Regards, Fabian

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:07am
Hi Fabian,

I can't get it to work  It's only allowing me to drag & drop the childs inside parent but not outside its parent. You better ask support how to do this because they know what it should do. I can't imagine that this isn't possible?

Good luck

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:58am
Thanks Aaron for testing. Yes you are right it sould be and it was possible in 13.1 with SortedDragDrop=True (I thought this property was created for that reason). I mailed to support but until now the only answer was 'have you set SortedDragDrop=True'? (I sent the sample code with SortedDragDrop=True in it ).

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 1:49am
Hi

It is over 10 days since I opened a ticket (sorted D&D doesn't work in V13.3.1 if the report is grouped). I included a sample that shows the problem. The problem is still not assigned to a developer. It seems CJ is not interested in guiding me to a solution or fixing RC if it is a bug. So I hope anybody has a workaround for me!

Thanks in advance

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 12:50pm
Hello,
So how do you guys expect this to work?

I have been looking into your issue. I tried with 13.3.1 and it will give you the target record.

In 13.1 SortedDragDrop was not even implemented and sorted drag\drop was not implemented. Are you sure you didn't mean 13.2?

In 13.2 using SortedDragDrop had a bug if grouping was enabled, if you drag\drop when grouped it removed all groups.

In 13.3 using SortedDragDrop AND groups will simply return target row, which will then allow you to decide what to do with the row. This is because if you are grouped by something, then the rows are obviously in the correct groups they belong, if you drag a row to a different group it can't be put there unless you make it part of that group before it is added.

With all that said, you want the buggy functionality back where if you drag the row to a group it will remove grouping? If so, I can make you a special property for it.

Thank you for your patience

I think this discussion might prove useful too:
https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16324
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:15am
I'll assume this was just a clarification then?
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 11:12am
No SuperMario. If the report is grouped, SortedDragDrop does simply nothin but throwing the drop event. I solved my particular problem by creatiing an additional (hidden) column populating with line numbers. I change the numbering accordingly.

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Fabian Fabian wrote:

No SuperMario. If the report is grouped, SortedDragDrop does simply nothin but throwing the drop event. I solved my particular problem by creatiing an additional (hidden) column populating with line numbers. I change the numbering accordingly.

Thanks

Correct if Grouped and SortedDragDrop= True it just fires the event and tells you the target record.  It will not actually move the rows since they are grouped.  At that point it is up to the developer to decide what to do with the target row\row that is dragged.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Correct if Grouped and SortedDragDrop= True it just fires the event and tells you the target record.  It will not actually move the rows since they are grouped.  At that point it is up to the developer to decide what to do with the target row\row that is dragged.

Hi SuperMario,

You explained in some post how this is implemented and why it worked this way and I said you were right... 

I have a question for you:
Does this mean when having "real" Parent with Childs, the childs can't be dragged & dropped as well? With grouped rows I agree but when I decide to drag&drop a child from one parent to another parent it should be possible, right?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic