Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Localization with two CodeJock libraries in use?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Localization with two CodeJock libraries in use?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sstar9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Localization with two CodeJock libraries in use?
    Posted: 09 November 2006 at 5:11am
In my application, I used both XTControls library and XTCommandBars library. Therefore, when I want to localize my English application to German, I have to 2 German CodeJock's Resource DLLs, one for the XTCommandBars library and one for the  XTControls library.  

However, I found it not possible set both Resouce DLLs at the same time.  I have tried the following code set the German resource DLL 

BOOL MyApp::InitInstance()
{
      //Set XTCommandBar Library
      XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceFile(  _T(strLibPath+"CommandBars.ResourceDe.dll") );

//Set XTControls Library
       XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceFile(  _T(strLibPath+"Controls.ResourceDe.dll") );     

}

int MyApp::ExitInstance()
{
    XTPResourceManager()->Close();

return CWinApp::ExitInstance();
}

, and I found the above code does not work. the CodeJock strings for CXTColorDialog and CXTColorPicker objects remain as English.  The tooltips for CXTPControlColorSelector object (in a drop-down color menu)  is gone. It seems I can only set the Resource DLL for XTCommandBars library, i.e. I should remove the following line of code

//Set XTControls Library
       XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceFile(  _T(strLibPath+"Controls.ResourceDe.dll") );.

But I need all the objects instantiated from CodeJock library to be localized to another language.  Does anybody here know  what should be done with both Xtreme resource DLLS?

It's urgent for me, please help if you know.  My email address is

Sharing makes life better
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 7:41am
hmm. I see two sultions.

1. Use static linked library and put german resource to your rc2 file.

2. Manually Combine Xtrme Control + Xtreme Suite.\
need to copy files from Source folder of Xtreme Controls to Xtreme COmmandBar and add them to solution.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Sstar9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sstar9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 8:32am

Oleg, Thank you for your reply.

For the 2nd suggestion, could you elaborate a bit more?  I can find the localized resource files named Resource_de.rc under the following two directories

...\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme Controls 2006 Q3\Source\Controls\res
...\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme CommandBars 2006 Q3\Source\CommandBars\res

What should be proper steps to combine the 2 German resources and make them work for my solution?

Sstar9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sstar9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

hmm. I see two sultions.

1. Use static linked library and put german resource to your rc2 file.

2. Manually Combine Xtrme Control + Xtreme Suite.\
need to copy files from Source folder of Xtreme Controls to Xtreme COmmandBar and add them to solution.

Hi, Oleg,

Can give you a few steps on how to combine the Resources dll from our CommandBars Library with our Controls Library?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic