Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behavior of a detached panes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Behavior of a detached panes
    Posted: 16 January 2007 at 7:55am

I have a question about the behavior of a detached pane.

Simple example:

Run this programm and double click on the header of Pane1.

As soon as you click on Text1 or on the header of Pane1, you will have a "locked situation". You can't change focus by clicking on any part of the application. The only way to "unlock" this situation is to doubleclick the header of Pane1 again.

Is there a way to avoid this locked situation? I like to have detached panes without having my main form locked.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 9:58am
Hi,
Set TabStop for Edit to False
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Jean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 3:28am

Edit = TextBoxes?

I run my application with TextBoxes.TabStop=False and there's no chance in beavior.

There is still a "locked situation"!
Maybe I misunderstood you? 

Jean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 3:14am
Any suggestion?
Can you reproduce my problem?

To diable the textboxes is not a solution. In our application there are complex ocx in the panes where the user should input data...
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 9:15am
Hi,
I can't reproduce it.  It works for me when I set TabStop for TextBox to False in design time.

Check our samples, you can put TextBoxes to another forms.
Oleg, Support Team
Jean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 9:39am

After step 1, TextBox1 has the focus and you can edit the text.

If you try to click now in TextBox2 (Step 2) the TextBox2 won't take focus. You can not edit Text2!  

But If you first DoubleClick on Pane2s header then there will be no locked situation: You can edit both text!

Don't I use the DockingPanes not as intended? Is there a problem how I create the panes?

Win 2K SP4
VP6 SP6
CJ SuitePro ActiveX 10.4.2
Jean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 9:42am
Typo: VP6 is VB6  SP6 

I hope you can now reproduce it...
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 11:43am
uploads/20070216_114233_lp.zip

Hi,

As I suggested move panes to different Forms.
it is vb6 thing. At least one control must be on form that not in pane. Some control have to receive focus.
See attachment
Oleg, Support Team
Jean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 2:30am

Thank you Oleg. This way there's no locked situation.

The behavior is still a little bit strange starting from step 2:
-Sometimes you have to click twice in the textbox to change focus to the other textbox. If you are a "fast clicker" then you have to click even more times.
-If you chance the pane by clicking on the panes titlebar, none of the textboxes has the focus.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic