Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown changes btwn 9.70->10.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown changes btwn 9.70->10.2
    Posted: 25 July 2006 at 4:10pm
I was originally using version 9.70 here just a while ago, and all of my code worked fine.  There has been some sort of change along the way, and now my panes are not sizing to the area they once used to.

∙This layout below, shows that the red area is what the pane used to stretch out to include, but no longer does, only the gray area, which is the default size of the activex included in the pane.  Is there something changed with the splitters, or something like that?

∙Also... there is an additional problem where the pane/tabbed container cannot be sized to the full width/height of the main window, like there is some kind of default "spacer" that keeps some kind of blank area around it.  That space between the pane and the edge of its parent window is kept constant, and cannot be shrunk even by sizing down the parent window to where the pane ends. Any ideas with that also?

guywmustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 4:24pm
Update: No longer a problem with the sizing of the ActiveXs I am using.  That was a problem on my end.

** There is still a problem with there being a space to either the top or the right of my panes (depending on if I docked things to the bottom or the right ).  This space that was created will not go away no matter where you drag the slider which is now there.

The code simply does the following:

CreatePane( aPane, myDimensions );
if ( there was no parent ie. first pane )
   float the pane I created;
if ( first or second pane )
   store in a storage array;
else
   dock to the storage array[item #2];
This pseudo code is creating a space at the top illustrated by the following image:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 6:37pm
I was able to recreate the spacing problem using the panes.exe demo that you can get off the codejock.com main page.

The real problem is that you cannot create a pane in a main window  by itself, with no splitter and spacing to the side of it.  It needs to be able to be toggled.  The old (version 9.70-ish) behavior was it would just show the pane with nothing on the side of it, if it were too small or something. 

Here's the demo image that shows the problem:

Any ideas??? We need some kind of resolution asap Dead

Thanks all Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywmustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 7:16pm
Okay, I found the solution...

there's an option called "Hide Client" under the Docking Pane menu.

You just call CXTPDockingPaneManager::HideClient( TRUE );

That will hide that splitter and maximize the ActiveX/whatever you have in that pane in the main window.  Although it would still be nice to be able to have a splitter that can be moved to the complete edge of the window, without having to completely remove it!

The result is:

That's what I wanted.  Hopefully this will help someone Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic