Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Negative EventID ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Negative EventID ?
    Posted: 06 November 2009 at 12:56am
When a recurrence is modified (changed duration), the EventChangedEx is raised. However, the event ID is negative. What does this mean ?

I can get to the master event ID (through the RecurrencePattern) but this does not really help me. What I need is the ID of the event in the Event table (i.e. the Exception ID).

One way I found is to scan through the Exception collection, but surely there's got to be a better way to get to something as simple as the current event ID.

The documentation makes no reference to negative event IDs and their meaning.

PPL1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 12:04am
bump
mbrogdon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrogdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 5:14am
The negative eventid  means that this is a recurrence occurrence, they do not physically exist in the DB, they are generated by the cj cal using data from the master event. Only the master physically exists in the db. If this is a recurrence exception, on the other hand, it does exist in the DB.
mtb
Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX 13.2.0 - Windows XP SP3 - VB6/Ingres Openroad 2006
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic