Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Translations Available

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jens4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Translations Available
    Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:57am
You write that ther er serval translations available, how to get them and how to use them, are the transalation included in the OCX, or is it just a lang. file .....  I am writing at program that have to be translatet into 7 diffrents lang. can you give me some hints, so that the customize toolbar dialog will be translated.....
From you site....
Translations Available
Several translations are available. In addition to English, Xtreme Toolkit Pro has been translated for several languages including: Portuguese, Chinese, Czech, German, Danish, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian and Swedish.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 8:17am
Have you looked at multilanguage sample?  Translations are included in dll files, not the OCX.  They only translate text that can not be changed by the user like the text in the customization dialog. 

A tip would be to create a string table in Visual Studio, one with translated text for each language.  This gives you a RC file that can be converted into a dll with the Build.bat batch file included with the multilanguage sample.
Jens4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jens4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 8:54am

Thanks a lot..... Do you have some wise words about how to translate the few "hardcoded" captions in the ShortcutBar control.....

I am think on the littel tooltips "Configer buttons" and "show more buttons", "show fewer buttons"

How to translate this....

Jens

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 9:44am
SuiteControlsGlobalSettings.ResourceFile = ......   Should work.
Jens4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jens4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 9:48am

I does... (Except from the Tooltips)

Thanks a lot

Jens

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 9:51am
Which language isn't translated with the tooltips?
Jens4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jens4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 9:56am

All I think...I have tryed .Danish, Dutch, Italian, Frence, Swedish, German

I think ther is a bug in the tooltips, because there is a tooltips properties in the control, but if I insert text into that,  two tooltips show up... It look very strange....

/Jens

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic