Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems using ActiveX controls in VC++ and VB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems using ActiveX controls in VC++ and VB
    Posted: 05 April 2008 at 2:22pm
Hello,

I am having problems with the installation of the ActiveX's from the installation file XSPSetupAx_1122.exe.

The installation process proceeds without any problems. I enter the password and after a couple of minutes the installation is complete.

I can select the XTreme controls I want to use in my VC++ and VB applications so they appear in the Toolbox tab. However, when I drag and drop them in my VB form I get an error message stating:

"Failed to import the ActiveX control. Please ensure it is properly registered."

I can drop them into a VC++ dialog box, however when I go to add a variable to the ActiveX control I get the following message:

"The Extender Provider failed to provide an Extender for this object."

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I have already installed the ActiveX controls multiple times. I also have version 1122 of the same controls but in the MFC version.

Could there be a conflict by having both products installed in the same computer?

Thanks for your help.

Rolando
Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 3:11am
Hi,

By "VB" do you mean VB 6 or VB.NET ? Can you try open some of our sample and check you can compile it ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 8:27am

Hi Oleg,

I am using VB found in VS 2005 Pro. I went ahead and opened the VB ActiveX project for CalendarSample found in:

"D:\Program Files\Codejock Software\ActiveX\Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX v11.2.2\Samples\Calendar\VB\CalendarSample"

When I load the Project VS asks me to convert it. During the project conversion process I get the following error, needless to say conversion fails and the project is not available.

I realize that comctrl32.ocx is a MS OCX but I get this message from other XTreme ActiveX projects as well.

Any thoughts? I do not have this problem with the MFC version of the XTreme library. Do you know if anyone else has both MFC and ActiveX verions of your product (v11.2.2) installed at the same time in the same computer and not have this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
enjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 9:00am
maybe a .NET Global Assembly Cache problem
SuitePro ActiveX User
enjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 9:21am
or find out how it is reference and place the ocx in the right folder
SuitePro ActiveX User
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 12:53am
uploads/20080407_005254_COMCTL32.ZIP

Hi,
Here comctl32.ocx, put it to c:\WINDOWS\system32 and register with
regsvr32 ocx c:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.ocx
command.
Oleg, Support Team
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 8:02am
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I downloaded the file and followed your instructions. Unfortunately I get the same error when programming in VC++ which is my preferred language.

A question which was never answered from my original post: "Could there be a conflict by having both products (Suite PRO for MFC and ActiveX) installed in the same computer?"

Thanks for your help.

Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 8:10am

Hi,

You can't add ActiveX controls to Visual Studio C++ Toolbox. can be done only for VB.NET and C#.
Oleg, Support Team
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 8:30am
Well then there lies the problem. 

Is this documented anywhere in the sales portion of the website? I do not recall seeing that specific warning anywhere or anything specifying that the ActiveX controls are only for VB.NET and C#.

Now that I seem to have purchased a product (ActiveX portion) I can't use, what are my options? I have been and still am a firm believer and user of the MFC version of the SuitePRO.  I purchased the ActiveX version thinking it would be easier to work with some of the controls within our project, conversion to C# and VB.NET is not an option.

Thanks for your help in this matter.
Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 8:53am
Hi,
You can use it, only can't put in Toolbox.
Oleg, Support Team
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 4:23am
You can insert any ActiveX directly in the Dialog-Resource, also even Codejock's.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic