Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

reminder on VbScript

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmenditto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reminder on VbScript
    Posted: 15 November 2006 at 9:49am
Hy, I'm using a case suite for develop our programs. This case can use Vbscript to access Activex control imported.  So we have imported CalendarControl and we are using it in custom mode.  I have a problem with reminder. When OnReminders event is fired in the Vbscript I use the "for each" for cycle throw the reminders collection. But when I use snooze or Dismiss method of a reminder the operation not work. In the same VbScript I implemented the DoReadEvent in wich I retreive the data of the event and set pEvent variable. The problem seem to be that the Event property of Reminder object is nothing. I see that when I call snooze method the DoreadEvent is fired so in this funcion I'm sure that the variable pEvent is compiled. The same for Dismiss. For dismiss I can work around by setting the Reminder property of the event to false in the database and then call ChangeEvent method, but I don't know if I can use a work around for snooze also.

Can you help me ?

thanks Filippo
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 11:02am
Hi,

The problem is that VB Script can return out parameters which are declared as VARIANT only. DoReadEvent has out parameter declared as ByRef CalendarEvent. You pass it but it's lost inside VB Script engine, calendar receives null value.

This is a known problem.

To avoid this bug CalendarControl has complementary hidden members with 'V' on the end, but DoReadEventV does not exist in 10.3.1 yet and will be available in the next version only.

Also look for other xxxV members.

--
WBR,
Serge
lgayosso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgayosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 4:53pm
Hello Filippo,

I am also going to integrate CodeJock's Calendar Control to a Development Environment (CA Plex) where I will access the ActiveX via VBScripts.

Could you share some of the VBScripts scripts you have created to initialize and manipulate the ActiveX to avoid reinventing the wheel?

Thank you,

Lucio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic