Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Icons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Icons
    Posted: 14 December 2006 at 3:18pm

I am trying to use the custom icons in 10.3.1.

I have just upgraded from 10.2.  I have been using the calendar with 3 or 4 schedules and it has been working fine.

I uninstalled the 10.2 calendar control and installed the 10.3.1.

I have the 10.3.1 calendar on a form with the DatePicker calendar on the side with the AttachToCalendar method to connect the two.

I am using the 2007 theme. I have the icons in a 9.8 version of the ImageManager.

Dim customOffice2007 As New CalendarThemeOffice2007

Me.calCalendar.SetTheme customOffice2007
customOffice2007.BaseColor = &HE6998E
Set customOffice2007.CustomIcons = CustomIconImage.Icons

I am using the following code to add the custom icons.

Set CalEvent = frmAppointmentCalendar.calCalendar.DataProvider.GetEvent(.Fields("EventID"))
If CalEvent Is Nothing Then
Else

If bNoConfirmation Then
    CalEvent.CustomIcons.AddIfNeed 102
ElseIf bSecondConfirmation Then
    CalEvent.CustomIcons.AddIfNeed 101
ElseIf bFirstConfirmation Then
    CalEvent.CustomIcons.AddIfNeed 100
End If
If bPreSchedule Then CalEvent.CustomIcons.AddIfNeed 103

frmAppointmentCalendar.calCalendar.DataProvider.ChangeEvent CalEvent

The CustomIcon shows in the CustomProperties as <CustomProperty Name="*xtp*customicons" Value="103" VariantType="8"/> for the appropriate event.

I have built the icons I need in the 16 x 11 format.  When the icons show in the appointment, they look great.  When the icons show they do exactly as advertised.

The problem I am having is that the vb6 ide crashes when I select a date from the datepicker inconsistently.  Some times the calendar will load with the appropriate icons, Most of the time the vb6 ide crashes.

The crash happens when I select a date from the datepicker calendar.  I can move around in the datepricker calendar with no problem.

When I compile the vb6 program and run the exe, the calendar doesn' t crash the system.  NO icons show in the appointments.  absolutely none. 

I am sure that I am looking at the same db that showed the icons in the vb6 ide.

Sorry to have so much in the post, but I wanted to cover everything. 

thanking you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

tomgriff
tomgriff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 4:25pm
Hello,

Just an update to this post.

I delete the ImageManager 9.8 control and used the generic Microsoft image control.  The icons do not look as good as they did with the codejock image control, but the program doesn't crash anymore, and the icons are showing in the compiled version.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic