Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not Hiding Unneeded VScroll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Hiding Unneeded VScroll
    Posted: 18 June 2020 at 3:47am
It seems that in v19.2.0 is does not hide the vertical scrollbar when unneeded, like it did in v19.1.0.
Can this be fixed?

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2020 at 7:29pm
I just checked the XTP 19.2 "grid sample" application and it seems to hide the scrollbars as expected.

However, I see "glitched" drawing behavior around the control.

In the image below, notice the area in the upper right of the property grid window. I can reproduce this in the Visual Studio GUI sample application as well.

Note that I'm running at 200% scaling on a 4k monitor.

cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 2:02am
Strange when I run I get the following, hot hiding the vertical bar?

Also, I get crash when pressing Collapse/Expand All button the very first time I run the sample project, probably because of the Custom Buttons section expanding? But if I change the Theme, or resizes the dialog before pressing the Collapse/Expand All button it works, - so something is wrong about the order things are initiated or called.

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
Felipe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2020 at 5:58am
Please provide a solution this issue soon. It will be highly appreciated.

Note also:  when resizing the Verbs and /or the Help section, the grid is not redrawn.
Only when the user clicks on the grid area it shows back again
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 6:16pm
Scroll wheel no longer seem to work either.
Windows 10, Visual Studio 20157, Toolkit Pro 18.3.0
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 6:20pm
Hello,

> Scroll wheel no longer seem to work either.

It seems odd that we're all seeing different results. Is everyone testing the v19.2 CodeJock sample applications?

- Mark
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 6:48pm
I have tested. It crashed first time I clicked on Collapsed/Expand button, but not when I restarted and tried again. The scrollbar is always visible even when it is not needed and the scroll wheel does not work.

By the way, all the Dynamic ... configurations defines XTP_STATICLINK - guess they shouldn't.
dbrookes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrookes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 11:42pm
I'm seeing the problems with the vertical scroll bar not hiding and the scroll wheel not working. I'm not getting a crash on Collapse/Expand though.
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 6:54am
The crash I could only happened once, could not reproduce it. I see though that collapsing/expanding is slower (more repaints) now in the sample compared to previous version. 

However, another problem is that items in combo boxes all look selected (v. 19.2 above, 19.0 below)

dbrookes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dbrookes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2020 at 1:42am
In our application we've gone back to the old grid view by overriding `CXTPPropertyGrid::CreateView` and returning a `new CXTPPropertyGridView()` instead of a `new CXTPScrollablePropertyGridListBox()`.

Unfortunately there is a typo in the release this will crash without changing the check `if (NULL != pView)` to `if (NULL != pScrollableView)` in `CXTPPropertyGrid::GetGridView`.

It's also necessary to set the border style to `xtpGridBorderNone` after doing this to fix the border not drawing correctly similar to what markr's screenshot shows.

This fixes the vertical scroll bar being always visible and the scroll wheel not working. Unfortunately you lose the nice themed scroll bar though :(

Hope to see more improvements in the future.

On a random note, be aware that enabling variable height items recreates the view invalidating any existing items. We had this crash in our application, this might be different to the crash mentioned above though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic