Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] How to print without auto-sized columns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] How to print without auto-sized columns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makarand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] How to print without auto-sized columns
    Posted: 13 July 2011 at 2:01am
Hello CJ Team,

I have report control which is having multiple columns (more the 15), I turns off the auto-sizing my columns (SetAutoColumnSizing(FALSE)). 
When I print my report all columns are resided and printed on one page, Please see attached screenshot.

Now I wanted to print the report without auto-sized columns and expected remaining columns should printed on next page instead of same page.

How to do it?

-Mak

-Mak
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 11:08pm
Hi,

you have to enable WYSIWYG print mode. Unfortunately the WYSIWYG print mode does not work currently. It has been fixed for the 15.1 release, which will be released shortly. I've attached the new sample. Enable the WYSIWYG print mode and then open the print preview.

<<< Updated sample below >>>

Andre

Codejock support
Makarand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makarand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 5:32am
Thanks Andre, 
Now it is working as expected

-Mak
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 11:34am
Andre,

I don't understand how print preview is supposed to work. I downloaded the v15.1 sample you posted above, turned on WYSIWIG printing toggle, and then pulled up print preview.

The result looks like this:

The paging seems entirely broken to me (e.g. should never print off the page). I can easily get objects to print off the page when *not* using WYSIWIG printing mode as well.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 12:14pm
Hi,

sample updated:

uploads/1755/ReportSample_18650_Multipage.zip

Please note that a column must not be wider than the page.

Andre

Codejock support
Makarand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makarand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 1:41am
Issue found in WYSIWYG.

If columns are split into two pages click on "Next Page" "Prv Page" after repeating some actions these buttons get disabled. To view next page I need to click on zoom button. This issue can be reproduce in sample program also, Please see attached screenshot.

-Mak
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:05am
Hi Andre,

Latest sample seems better, thanks. But if I turn WYSIWIG printing off, I get the following result:

Note how, in the upper right corner of the preview, the lock icon is printing off the page.

Thanks again for your work on the report control. We're looking forward to the next release.

- Mark R.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic