Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo all members, please read before posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To all members, please read before posting
    Posted: 27 June 2008 at 3:38am
Hi,

I don't mind helping other members and I don't care what language you use, but it would be nice when I (and other members as well) know what to expect.

It would be nice if all members changed their signature and added the info that is needed when help is required.

For example:
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 12.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
I have seen that there are members who did this already, I hope there are many who will follow

The first one who did this: forum member @Onur , thanks for that

And another thing, Chris (@ChrisABC) had an idea about issues that are solved and to put that in your post description. I think am sure this is a good idea for all of us.

And another thing: Please remove checkmark "Update Controls" in VB project properties when you upload a test project. It is possible that only a certain version has this bug or problem 

1. Just add SOLVED: <your topic description> and try to use a proper description for your issue as well. Sometimes when having an issue you will post it and think it's a bug or vice-versa, your description doesn't match the issue anymore: CHANGE it into a more suited description for all other (new) members who encounter the same problem. Easier to search on descriptions this way.
  2. If your issue is solved, in a good way or it's clear to you, you could change the icon as well. Thumbs up or Thumbs down.
  3. If your issue turns out to be a bug, change the description into BUG: <your topic description> and if this will be fixed in next release you have to change it into SOLVED. I know this will take one minut extra of your time, SO WHAT ?!?!?!?. It takes me sometimes 15 minutes to look at your issue  and you don't hear me complaining  (yes, sometimes I do, but you will get used to that hehehe) 
  4. We have more developers in this forum than any company in the world (except MS) use that to solve your own and other members issues.  

Thanks a lot.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2

Zero replies is not an option....
Source View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Source Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 6:29am

Good call!

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 8:47am
Aaron had a good point.  It is allot easier to help everyone when we know their development environment and platform. 

Not doing this only delays an answer for you as we have to try and guess what you are user.  This is why you see so many replies from us saying "Works for me" or "I can't reproduce it."  Then you will have to wait another day for one of use to try again.

Another thing that would be nice is some type of acknowledgment that the issue had been solved as Chris suggested.

Thanks
Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 2:13am
I added mine the other day! Thanks, Aaron.

Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro version 13.2 (Unicode, static build)

Platform: Windows 200x/XP/Vista/Win7 (32/64 bit)

Language: Visual C++ 9.0 (Studio 2008)

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 4:17am
Hi,

Thanks

Another 4000 members and I will be satisfied

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 5:06am
Hi,

The idea of adding something in the topic description is great but I see that members put the SOLVED in different places. Would be nice if we agree to add something on a certain place in the description.

If I look at the forum topics the first is the one I like most. I you agree or disagree, reply !!!! It doesn't matter what choise we make as long we will do the same.

Note: We could use the first word for other purposes as well, like POLL or BUG or QUESTION. Please let me know what you think of this 

Add to report control (Solved) rplp4 6 78 02 July 2008 at 4:23pm

FixedRowHeight Problem SOLVED braian87b 5 59 24 June 2008 at 3:23pm

chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 3:24am
Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

We could use the first word for other purposes as well, like POLL or BUG or QUESTION. Please let me know what you think of this

This makes it too complicated for me.  For example, suppose I cannot get a control to behave how I want. It could be a BUG? But I will just ask it as a QUESTION. When I get a solution or workaround, do I change it to SOLVED ?

Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
axdoverm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axdoverm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 6:25am
I think this is the right way to do it, so i just changed my Signature
Greeting from Holland
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 11.2.2
mozaheb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozaheb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 9:44am

You are the best in code jock forum

Very Thanks Aaron
GaryAlpha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryAlpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:56am
I have just changed my signature as suggested, but have noticed a major problem with this idea.
The signature of all my old posts is also changed, and these may have been using different versions of codejock, platform etc.
and therefore will give in accurate info for these older posts.

So nice idea, but like many ideas, not really thought through in practical terms.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro(ActiveX) version 12.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Language: VB.Net 9/3.5 SP1
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 6:24am
Originally posted by GaryAlpha GaryAlpha wrote:

I have just changed my signature as suggested, but have noticed a major problem with this idea.
The signature of all my old posts is also changed, and these may have been using different versions of codejock, platform etc.
and therefore will give in accurate info for these older posts.

So nice idea, but like many ideas, not really thought through in practical terms.

Hi Gary

Idea is OK for question / issue / problem or whatever...... only for that moment you posted it so other members know what you are using (version etc...) But you can always add some info yourself, with what version the "problem" occurs... Only SuperMario can help us here and he doesn't want to (See post https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12579&FID=103&PR=3 ) ,also another idea to solve this one. So we have to deal with it ourselves.

So it's definitly thought through and if I could, I would solved this a long time ago but I can't  Who do you call? Ghostbusters.... (Oh No, SuperMario but I think SuperMario is busy with the Princess hehehe)

And if you have a better idea, just say so. We will all be pleased if there was a solution to this...

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 1:54pm
We still plan to do something like this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic