Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disable context menue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlatona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disable context menue
    Posted: 15 May 2007 at 12:53pm
Hi,

how can I disable the context menue? I will show my own context menue when the cell is in edit mode.

Is this possible?
pcmaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 2:36pm
TRY VIEW THE CELL STATUS(TRUE OR FALSE) AND WITH A IF CALL YOUR MENU OR NOT!

EXAMPLE
Private Sub wnd_RowRClick(ByVal Row As XtremeReportControl.IReportRow, ByVal Item As XtremeReportControl.IReportRecordItem)
On Error GoTo ControlError
If Item.Editable = True Then  
   Call menu_Rclick
End If
Exit Sub
End Sub

GOOD LUCK!
mlatona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlatona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 3:35am

No, it don`t works. When the cell is in edit mode (cursor is in cell) the reportcontrol not raised the events 'MouseDown' or 'RowRClick'.

pcmaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 9:10am
YES, IS TRUE!
WELL, OR IS A BUG OR THE CONTROL WORK IN THIS WAY!!!

REPORT ANYWAY LIKE A BUG AND WAIT A RESPONSE FOR ADVANCED USER!

EXCUSEME FOR MY POOR ENGLISH.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 2:05pm
When you edit a text cell -- a regular Edit box is active and right click on it shows its own menu. Another edit controls (like combo box) show another context menus. It can't be customized.

--
WBR,
Serge
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 10:06pm
Hi mlatona,

Just for fun, I poked around with the ReportControl (11.1) to see if I could disable the context menu. sserge's comments that the ReportControl uses a standard Edit box made me think that it should be possible to subclass it.

It was a bit tricky (and I made it trickier on myself by overcomplicating the subclassing code), and it relied on an ugly timer hack, but I did get a proof of concept to work. You can download the OCX, a test project and all the source code from here:

http://www.collidingscopes.com/reportsubclasser.zip

Of course you can modify it to suit your needs as much as you want. No warranties or guarantees are given with this code. Have fun.

mlatona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlatona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 4:10am
Thank you for your example. It`s great.

To Codejock. Can you add property 'EditHwnd', who give us the handle from the edit textbox?
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 7:56am
Ok, thanks. Added property ReportControl.InplaceEditHwnd

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic