Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

StatusBar IdleText?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vb1to6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: StatusBar IdleText?
    Posted: 23 November 2005 at 5:50pm

Using VB 6.0 SP6 on XP Pro SP2...

How can I prevent the StatusBar.IdleText from displaying by default when I have set the pane text in code and the user moves the mouse over the toolbar?

If I set the status bar pane text in code to lets say "busy"...the status bar pane text unexpectedly changes to "ready" when the user hovers the mouse over the toolbar menu.

In addition, when I have code modules running that sets the pane to lets say "step 1" (and the user does not move the mouse)...then I set the pane text to "step 2" in code (and again the user does not move the mouse)...the problem I have is that the StatusBar.IdleText of "ready" is displayed in the pane before "step2" is displayed in the pane.

Setting the StatusBar.IdleText to an empty string does not help.

I can live with something like "turn status bar display off when user hovers over the toolbar with mouse."

vb1to6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vb1to6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 2:10pm

FWIW,

I resorted to using the status bar code includedthe MDI demo that ships with the product. For me that works fine because I do not need to have the user see their instant toolbar/menu mouse hovers overwriting the status bar text that is being updated in code during long processes.

My solution does not attempt to create a custom Codejock statusbar, but simply uses the status bar control included with the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 SP2 (COMCTL32.ocx). I use this status bar in order to get the correct XP Themes color of the progress bars included within my application.

I noticed that when I used a COMCTL32.ocx progress bar embedded within the Codejock status bar I got an "out of memory" error only within the executable and not while running in the IDE. I am using an IBM Thinkpad with 2G of RAM so I doubt that the PC is the problem. In addition, I started a new project with just a Codejock toolbar and Codejock custom status bar and reproduced the "out of memory" error to verify what was going on.

I didn't notice the "out of memory" error when using the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 SP6 (MSCOMCTL.ocx) within the custom Codejock status bar but don't recall testing for it either.

Please don't get me wrong here...I think the product is great for my application and wouldn't want to code the alternative myself.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic