Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

.Format Currency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .Format Currency
    Posted: 10 December 2010 at 3:56am
You should set the properties .Value for the unformatted value and the .Caption for the formatted value.
The .Format-Property excepts also VB-Formats like "$#,##0.00;$-#,##0.00"
CapoPezzio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapoPezzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 6:14am
Hi mar72vin. I prefer to do the formatting on the Metrics in the BeforeDrawRow-event.

Metrics.Text =string.Format("{0:0.00}",_value).

Then I leave the .value and .caption "untouched" and the groupFormulas are working fine
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
mar72vin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mar72vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 5:34pm
Thanks Aaron! Unfortunately I already tried this and after reading the docs I realize why. Only the "%s" type is supported with the Format method.  This means that the Format method will only format strings and treats all numeric values as strings.

I am experimenting with converting my decimal to a string prior to adding it to the report with string.Format("{0:0.00}",_value).

I would prefer to be able to supply the decimal value to the report control and allow it to do the formatting.

Strangely I have also noticed that when a format is applied the groupformulas SUMSUB does not work. Does this mean that I need to supply values for both the .Value and .Caption of each item so that the groupFormulas are working on an un-formatted value. Is there a better way to do this?
Product: Xtreme Report Control (ActiveX) version 15.1.3
Platform: Windows 7 (64bit)
Language: c#
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 4:25pm
Hi,

Try this:

.Format = "$ %.2f"

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
mar72vin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mar72vin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 6:55pm
Hi Guys,
I am currently using (Item.Format = "$ %s") to format my data as currency. This is fine except that my data is stored in a decimal value and the report control shows 4 0's. i.e. "$ 100.0000".

What format can I use to only show 2 decimal places?
Product: Xtreme Report Control (ActiveX) version 15.1.3
Platform: Windows 7 (64bit)
Language: c#
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic