Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RC to RC drag and drop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastiano1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RC to RC drag and drop
    Posted: 22 September 2010 at 3:35am
Hi All,
I will like to introduce myself to the forum as a new user of this interesting suite of controls, my name is Sebastiano and I'm using cj 13.0.

I'm experiencing the following problem using drag and drop between 2 RC:

Intercepting the BeginDrag event I should be able to change dragged records (please refers to online help) througth the records parameters. So I do, but it won't run at all! Every change I do to the record is missing. It seems like a DragRecord happens just before the BeginDrag event. I try creating a new records collection and calling DragRecords inside BeginDrag event... results? twice the records in destination RC, the firsts bad the seconds good. No way to kill previous dragged records from the clipboard, no way to get a DataObject... It's driving me crazy!!!

Some explanations:
I need to change records because I'm using the record.tag to store ids and this property doesn't pass between D&D. I prefer to not add another hidden column if it is possible...
EDIT: the same code is used to manage the two RCs so I can't distinguish between them (I'm using a wrapper)

Any idea? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your precious help

Sebastiano

EDIT: I've tried also MouseMove event, as suggested in online help, but it fires at least 2 times causing records to be added many times to the destination RC...
sebastiano1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastiano1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 1:21am
No news? Ok. In the while I've solved using an hidden column. It works well. But something still wrong in D&D beginGrad event. Documentation says you have the opportunity to change records but it seems it is not true.

Sebastiano
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic