Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ribbon Tabs and Groups?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbon Tabs and Groups?
    Posted: 11 February 2009 at 1:29pm
I've been getting a bit confused when using the RibbonBar, though I have muddled my way through to get things working. But I wonder if anyone can clarify how things are supposed to work... (or correct my comments below)

If you have a RibbonBar and put some Controls on it, they have to go onto a panel called a Tab. (I will call this the tabPANEL).  There can be a bit sticking up at top of this panel, like a conventional Tab (I will call this the TAB). The controls can be divided into Groups. I think you must have at least one Group.

There is a property .TabsVisible.  This seems to hide/show the TABs, but leaves the tabPANEL visible. 
There is a property .GroupsVisible. This hides/shows the entire tabPANEL.
Each TabPanel has the property   .Tab(x).Visible   which can hide/show the TAB of that TabPANEL.

If I use RB.TabsVisible = False    the TABs are not shown, but the big round System Button (top left) also disappears and is replaced by its text caption.
So to show a tabPANEL without a TAB above it, I have to use 
      RB.TabsVisible = True
      RB.Tab(x).Visible = False

If I use .GroupsVisible = False, the entire RB disappears, so if I want to display a blank RB I create a tabPANEL with no controls on it. This works nicely.
(One reason for doing this is to avoid the screen moving around if I want to quickly swap to a Form that doesn't require the RB, and then back. Without the blank tabPANEL the effect is like the RB minimises and then opens again so all the forms move up and down. )

Have you found different or better ways of doing things?

Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic