Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pROBLEM: DATEPICKER & CalendarControl Attach!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pROBLEM: DATEPICKER & CalendarControl Attach!
    Posted: 08 August 2007 at 2:51pm
I am creating a Outlook UI with the DATEPICKER on frmDatePicker on Pane 1 (shortcut control) and the CalendarControl on frmScheduler on Pane2.
Like this example:

How do I ATTACH these 2 controls?
In my tests I am having a problem attaching these objects, once I was able to do it, but now the calendar DID not reflect changed events when selecting new dates....

What is the CORRECT way to do this? Do you have the sample code to crate the app in the above picture?

Please help...Help.... Thanks
moe188 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moe188 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 5:17pm
hello,
try this if you are using the 2 controls in the same form: DatePicker1.AttachToCalendar Me.CalendarControl1
but if you using 2 different forms, you can try:
Form1.DatePicker1.AttachToCalendar Form2.CalendarControl1 (assuming that you are using DatePicker1 in Form1, and CalendarControl in Form2)

vbuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 3:10am
NO,that does not work. Remember that this UI is using different PANES to hold instances of the forms. There is another way.
moe188 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moe188 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:04pm

okay,

I used the sample of Outlook2003, and I added a CalendarControl to the from called "frmReportControl". Add the code: Set frmPaneCalendar.frminbox=frmReportControl (in frmMain - load event). then add DatePicker to frmPaneCalendar, then add the code:

DatePicker1.AttachToCalendar frmInbox.CalendarControl, that should work.

of course you have to resize the calendarcontrol in the frmRerportControl (resize event).

If you still have a problem, I will upload a zip file for you.

vbuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 10:38am
I will appreciate it if you upload the working sample, I am having problems with the form references samewhere.... Thanks
moe188 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moe188 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 4:10pm
okay,
I hope that will help you to get what you are trying to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic