Forum Description: Topics Related to Codejock Controls
URL: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23122
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 4:37am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: [solved] VS2015 Theme Button Colors
Posted By: ScottW
Subject: [solved] VS2015 Theme Button Colors
Date Posted: 07 September 2016 at 12:19am
When I use the Visual Studio 2015 Dark theme and set push button appearance to VisualStudio2015, the text is not readable, except when the mouse is over the button. This problem doesn't happen with the other two VS 2015 themes. Is there something that can be done to fix this?

Replies:
Posted By: olebed
Date Posted: 07 September 2016 at 2:13pm
Hello Scott,

We are working on this issue now.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed

Date Posted: 09 September 2016 at 8:50am
I think this might be affecting more than just the PushButton control. The Checkboxes don't seem to look right either.

Any idea when a fix for this might be available? This is my favorite theme, but I definitely can't use it like it is now.

Date Posted: 09 September 2016 at 9:24am
I suppose you use ActiveX controls (SuitePro), right ?  What is version of library ?
Please write also code which you use to set theme.

Date Posted: 11 September 2016 at 1:01pm
I am basically using the same code from the provided samples. You can see this same behavior in the SuiteControls Sample app for ActiveX. Please note that I have the mouse over the Help button in all three captures. The controls look nice for the Blue and Light themes, but you can't read the text on the buttons in the Dark theme when the mouse is not over them. Also the checkbox and radio buttons probably don't look right either.

Date Posted: 11 September 2016 at 1:05pm
In addition, there seems to be problems in 17.2 with the older resource themes. Before upgrading to version 17, I used to rely on mostly the Office 2010 Black theme. The buttons always had a dark gray background and would highlight yellow. Now with no changes to any code, but upgrading to 17.2, they look plain with no special coloring at all and the buttons between 2007 and 2010 themes look identical. Only the tab control background seems to change now. The buttons still look better for the Office 2013 theme. The tab background is different again and in this case, the newer one looks better.

Date Posted: 19 September 2016 at 1:04pm
Hello,

I'm glad to inform you that these issues has been fixed!

We made some changes in ForeColor of Buttons (also checkbox, groupbox, radiobutton). So now to use text color from theme you need to set vbButtonText (default value) 
button.ForeColor = vbButtonText  'color from theme
button.ForeColor = RGB(255, 0, 0)  'custom color
button.ForeColor = vbButtonText  'set again color from theme

Also fixed appearance of old themes and vs2015Dark when high contrast black windows theme is used.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed

Date Posted: 28 September 2016 at 4:27pm
Thank you.

When will a new version with this fix be available to try?

Date Posted: 29 September 2016 at 3:33am
We are preparing new version 17.3 now. This can take 1-2 weeks.

Date Posted: 29 September 2016 at 9:00am
Cool, looking forward to it!

I also noticed a few other things with the Dark themes that might be related. You can see these with the provided controls sample app set to the dark theme. The ListView control doesn't seem to observe the dark theme at all. Other controls like the TreeView and List Box, etc. change to black background with white text. ListView doesn't change at all. Also, the scroll bars on many controls don't change either and just show the system theme. When you apply a skin, they do change, but there doesn't seem to be any way to make them look nice with the dark themes.

Thanks

Date Posted: 07 October 2016 at 8:09am
Originally posted by ScottW ScottW wrote:

I also noticed a few other things with the Dark themes that might be related. You can see these with the provided controls sample app set to the dark theme. The ListView control doesn't seem to observe the dark theme at all. Other controls like the TreeView and List Box, etc. change to black background with white text. ListView doesn't change at all. Also, the scroll bars on many controls don't change either and just show the system theme. When you apply a skin, they do change, but there doesn't seem to be any way to make them look nice with the dark themes.

I think that is because dark themes should be used with high contrast black windows theme.
http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22544&PID=73105&title=skin-vs-theme#73105" rel="nofollow - We have fixed some controls in VS 2015 Dark theme , except scrollBars.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net