Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Notifications on loading/saving pane layouts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Notifications on loading/saving pane layouts
    Posted: 27 September 2007 at 11:41am
When I load a docking pane layout, some of the panes are closed, while others are opened. However, I don't get any notifications about which panes were closed and which ones were opened (I need this because I need to notify all the panes when their visibility has changed).

Is there any simple notification for this just like XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE for example? Thank you, in advance!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 2:58pm
Hi,
You already load with Closed state, so its designed to not send notifications. As solution you can manually loop panes and send notification if closed.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 1:28am
Thanks for the answer, but I don't mean the initial loading of layouts when the app starts, but a switch of layouts any time during the runtime.

Say, panes A and B are open while the app is running. Then a layout gets loaded which "closes" pane A. This is what I'd like to have a notification about. Is this possible? Or does it belong more to the wish list?

Looping though panes and comparing their before-after states one-by-one is the last option to use, indeed.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 3:26am
Hi,

When you load layout - it replaces all panes with new panes from layout. it doesn't close pane it replace it with new state.
Its designed behavior
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 3:42am
I see, so it works a little bit different than I've imagined. Thank you anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic