Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mainframe with ribbon is redrawn incorrectly (v20)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mainframe with ribbon is redrawn incorrectly (v20)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eu2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mainframe with ribbon is redrawn incorrectly (v20)
    Posted: 10 November 2021 at 6:58pm
Previously I was using v17.3 with Office 2013 theme which worked well.

I have upgraded to v20.0 with Office 2016 theme and noticed the issue.

My app is a MFC MDI app using ribbon. When my app is started, it creates backstage pages and ribbon tabs. The backstage pages are put under the File tab, which is the first tab focused by default. Other ribbon tabs are initially disabled, until a document is opened.

The problem is that when I click a button in the File backstage page to load the file list which may take about 5 seconds to show, the main frame is redrawn for unknown reason.

During this unknown redraw process, something bizarre occurs. If the main frame is maximized, the UI just jumps up and down for a few pixels. If the main frame is not maximized, the border of the mainframe is redrawn by a grey or transparent rectangle (image attached below). All these occur in about 1 second, and then the UI is repainted back to normal.

The above unknown redraw process occurs randomly, but can be replicated most of the times. This also occurs randomly after a document is opened and some functions are run under other ribbon tabs, particularly time consuming jobs.

I am wondering if anyone has an idea about this or can point me to the toolkit source codes to review for the frame redraw process.

By the way, I have the ribbon EnableFrameTheme set to TRUE.

Image: the top and left side of the grey or transparent rectangle during the redraw process

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic