Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I handle the dbl click event

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertdufur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I handle the dbl click event
    Posted: 14 September 2006 at 9:07pm
I am using the report control for the first time. Can someone show me in C# how to handle the event args? I want to be able to look at the values in the row that was clicked and extract a key item (even if the column was moved). Also is there a way to tag the row with a value?

Thanks in advance,
Robert
Robert
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 3:55pm
Hi Robert,

Handling event arguments depends on the event itself. Please take a look at our ReportSample C# application for some examples like wndReportControl_RowDblClick.

Also, you can add Tags, but note that concepts of a Row and a Record are different. You can add Tags only to Record. The difference could be briafly described as "a Row is a view (or visualized) Record" object. There is only 1 collection of Records associated with the Report control, which changes only by you; and there is a collection of Rows which changes frequently -- when changing grouping or sorting order, and any time when Populate is called. Also there are some Rows (like a Group row) which do not have an associated Record.

See also more information on this in the documentation on the control, and on the web site inside specific articles.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic