Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headers
    Posted: 09 December 2005 at 1:37pm

Is there anyway to make the headers more than one row and have the text in the header wrap?

Also is there a way to make each individual header a different color?  (I'd like to use this to identify frozen columns).

Cheers,

- James

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 9:19am

Hi James,

Unfortunately, there are no way how to do that in Report ActiveX.

You can only implement that in C++/MFC Report control via overriding some methods of the correspondig Paint Manager.

--
WBR,
Serge

JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2005 at 1:39pm

Hello Serge,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried to submit a feature request for the multiple line header issue but I'm not sure if it worked as I kept getting a 'page could not be displayed' error after hitting submit.

The main reason the multiple line headers would be useful is if the report contains lots of thin columns (eg. rows of integer data) if the header text description is quite long the report ends up having a lot of white space.  If the text descriptions could wrap and display over a fixed number of lines (eg. force all headers to be 2 lines tall) it would reduce the wasted white space.

Thanks,

- James

kylechen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylechen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:24pm

I'm also waiting for this feature be implemented in the new release...

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2006 at 3:39pm
It will be available there 

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic