Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canceling a click

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawshank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canceling a click
    Posted: 04 July 2007 at 1:39am
I have a RC with a list of items. Each time a user selects an item it becomes highlighted. In some cases I need to cancel a user's click or selection. In these cases I need the item that the user clicked to NOT become highlighted. Instead, I need the item that was holding focus to remain selected. I can't seem to find a way to cancel this new selection. I have tried adding a timer to the form and then keeping up with which item is selected. When I encounter a need to cancel the selection I use the following code to attempt to override the new selection taking place:

RC.Rows.Row(iRowSelection).Selected = True

RC.Populate

This code is in the timer event. Unfortunately, it doesn't maintain the selection. I see that the proper value is in iRowSelection and that the code executes yet the RC "overrides" me and makes the new selection anyway. Is there a way to stop this behavior when one needs to?

Shawshank
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 3:48pm
Hi,

Something like this works for me:

Private Sub wndReportControl_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, x As Long, y As Long)
    wndReportControl.SelectedRows.Row(0).Selected = False
End Sub

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic