Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Embedded \t in Menu text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markmbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Embedded \t in Menu text
    Posted: 18 May 2004 at 11:25am

I need the ability to specify a key as an accelerator in a menu but cannot use the KeyBindings method to do this.  I have some historical code that needs to handle these key events itself in order to interact with a 3rd party control.  All I want is to show a string (right-justified) in a menu item as an accelerator but not have the CommandBars control actually process the accelerator.  In VS.NET resources, I could specify an embedded tab (\t) to indicate I wanted the following text to be right justfied.  I have seen other similiar posts asking for this behavior.  Is there someway else to accomplish this, or does it require a mod to the CommandBars code ?

Thx

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 8:54am

I've asked for the exact same thing, but I didn't get the impression that they were going to implement it.  You can read my thread here:

https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=693&P N=1

I totally agree with you.  I want a way to imply the shortcut key without using KeyBindings.  Another example why this is necessary is for help files.  The F1 key in visual basic always shows the help file.  If I assign F1 as a KeyBinding to my help menu item, I have to write my own routine to display the help file and loose the benefits of the Help Context ID.

Perhaps if you request this feature as well, it will get more attention.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic