Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Task Item Click Event Not Fired & Skin Unload-OCX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Task Item Click Event Not Fired & Skin Unload-OCX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nklarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nklarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Task Item Click Event Not Fired & Skin Unload-OCX
    Posted: 15 May 2007 at 1:48am

Hi,

Comments on Problem1:

It may be workable without modal flag for the test application that I sent y’day.

But in Actual Application, when I try to open the Form from First application without modal flag, Application throws the below error:

Run-time error '406': Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in
this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX Control or
Property Page.

Kindly refer the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176468

It is possible to open the required form with VbModal flag only. Will it be fixed in next version?

Comments on Problem2:

As I had already mentioned that, I’m using two different applications altogether but the second application may act as a child of First Application and also play as an individual application.

In this case, how should I use/handle the Skinframework to be useable for both cases?

Thanks in advance

..:NklArun:..
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 8:03am
Hello,

First problem because of vbModal flag - seems form don't give taskpanel chance to handle mouse messages. Open form without modal flag (anyway it do nothing for exampler controls)

Second problem because you have 2 SkinFrameworks for same application (only one can be used) remove it from second ocx. (it will be skinned anyway)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
nklarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nklarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:25am

Scenario Description:

I have created two VB Activex Control Projects. 

First Project, User control With Skinframework and a Form (Which host Second project's OCX control)

Second Project, User Control with TaskPanel and Skinframework 

Problem1 - Task Group Item Click Event Not Fired:

If I launch the form from first project, I have not been able to click the task panel group item b'cos click event not been fired. If I want to click the Item in Task Panel I have to choose "ALT+TAB" Key for each time. This is the first problem that I faced.

Problem2 - Skin Unloaded for Parent too while close child application:

If I close the form, Parent control's skin also unloaded without calling parent control's terminate event. This is the second Problem.

I have attached the zip file that contains the necessary project files to simulate the above issues.

uploads/20070514_032237_TaskPanelItemCl.zip

Steps to be followed reproduce the above behavior:

Unzip the “TaskPanelItemClick & Skin Unload Probs.zip

Step 1: Click Group1

Step 2: Run the Project named EMProject

Step 3: Click Command Button named "Launch User Control"

Step 4: Form Loaded with DMProject Control (Probelm1 Occured)

Step 5: Close Form1 (Problem2 Occurred)

I want the Click event to be fired while launch of the child form and Skin should not be unloaded in Parent Control even we close child controls. Kindly provide us the solution to get rid out of these problems.

Thanks in advance

..:NklArun:..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic