Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bug? Docking pane closes and leaves open child wnd
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bug? Docking pane closes and leaves open child wnd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug? Docking pane closes and leaves open child wnd
    Posted: 29 March 2007 at 4:12pm
I have an open docking pane and I click a CComboBox to drop it down. Then I move the arrow outside the pane and the pane closes, but it leaves the open the ComboBox on the desktop. This happens for other child controls like a popup color picker. What can I do?

MIchael
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:56am
Hi,

I can't reproduce it. Try it with our Grep sample.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
MichaelN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:43pm
Oleg,

Your Grep sample does not auto-hide the docking pane after I click on a control.

If I pull out the push-pin to put it into auto show/hide mode, then it does auto-hide when I open it and then move the mouse out of it. However, if I open it and click on a control, then move the mouse outside it, the pane does not auto-hide. Why is that?

So I cannot test it using the Grep sample..

Michael
MichaelN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 4:48pm
I have not solved this and the last discussion on this thread was almost 2 weeks ago. Is there a fix or workaround for the bug I found?

Michael
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2007 at 12:32am
Hi,
As I wrote, I can't reproduce it, Attach small sample that show this problem.
Oleg, Support Team
MichaelN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:10pm

Hi Oleg,

The issue with the closing pane is still not resolved. If I open a child window (say a combobox or a tool window) from a pane, then move the arrow outside the pane, the pane closes and the child window remains open.

Is the docking pane supposed to send any messages for all hild windows to close? Otherwise why would child windows close?

Michael
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 1:05am
Hi,

Please modify one of our sample/reproduce problem and attach it here.
Oleg, Support Team
MichaelN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 5:10pm

I changed the window style to Child. So the pane will not close if a  dropbox child window is open. So it is OK now.

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic