Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updating Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating Calendar
    Posted: 03 January 2007 at 3:01pm
Hello,

I am using the calendar control 10.3.1 activex version, VB6.

I have a calendar in a program with a few people adding appointments at the same time.  I am trying to find the best way to have all active users see an updated calendar when a change is made on one pc.

The other users are not seeing the changes as they are made.  I know the calendar has to be populated after the change.  I am using the date calender on the side like in the example.  I have added a dataprovider.populate method when the date is changed.  this does not seem to work.

thanking you in advance.

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 6:08pm
Hi,

Do not forget that each instance of Calendar has its own DataProvider cache. You need to change cache more to disable it, or reopen a data provider each time you'd like to update it.

See also http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3310

--
WBR,
Serge
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 6:09pm
Also the following topic could be useful for you: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5059

--
WBR,
Serge
tomgriff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 12:09am
Thank you very much for the reply.

I will try the suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic