Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

drag and drop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ContactGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drag and drop
    Posted: 14 November 2006 at 7:29am

I don't know if this is an MFC problem, or a ToolkitPro problem...

I'm trying to get drag and drop working between CXTPDockingPanes in my application. I have 4 panes:

Pane 1 has a CXTPTabControl with a CTreeCtrl derived class on each tab
Pane 2 has a CXTPTabControl with a CListCtrl derived class on each tab
Pane 3 contains just a CTreeCtrl derived class
Pane 4 containg just a CListCtrl derived class

I have added ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(TVN_BEGINDRAG, OnTvnBegindrag) to my two CTreeView classes and ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(LVN_BEGINDRAG, OnLvnBegindrag) to my two CListView classes, but only pane 1, 2 and 4 respond! The pane containing my CTreeCtrl class doesn't hit the OnLvnBeginDrag method.

Question 1 - any idea why the pane containing just a CTreeCtrl class doesn't respond to a drag?

In the 3 classes where the drag works, I create a COleDataSource and populate it, then call DROPEFFECT dropeffect = OleDataSource.DoDragDrop(DROPEFFECT_MOVE, NULL);.  I have added OnDragEnter, OnDragOver and OnDrop methods on my 4 CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl classes, but none of them are hit.

Question 2 - any idea why none of the pane contents are hitting their OnDragEnter, OnDragOver and OnDrop methods?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 7:48am
Hi,
If you use CXTTreeCtrl  try to change it to standard CTreeCtrl.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
ContactGT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ContactGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 8:51am

All of my controls derive directly from the MFC classes:-

Both of my tree controls derive from CTreeCtrl and both of my list controls derive from CListCtrl.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic