Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Persisting floating pane position?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Persisting floating pane position?
    Posted: 11 September 2006 at 5:23pm

This is a bit hard to explain, so please bear with me:

In the GUI_Whidbey sample, if I double click on the title bar of the Properties pane, it ‘pops-out’ into its own floating window. I can then move and resize the popped-out window. If I double click on the title bar again, it pops back in to its original position amongst the other panes. But the framework remembers its popped-out size and position; if I now double click the title bar again it pops out to its previous screen position.

I like this feature, and I wish to extend it by having the popped-out size and position be saved and restored between application invocations, *whether or not the pane is popped out when I exit the application*. Right now, if I exit the application while the pane is docked, when I re-open the application and double-click a title bar, the pane will pop out but will occupy the same size/position as when it was docked. I want the pane to pop out to its persisted size and location instead. 

Any hints for how I can go about doing what I want?

TIA

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 12:32am
Hello,
It works for me. May be you have some very old version of toolkit? Try DockingPane\Pane sample do you see same problem?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
DaveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 11:07am

Sorry, pilot error on my part. Please disregard.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic