Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPToolBar can’t use BITMAPS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPToolBar can’t use BITMAPS?
    Posted: 08 March 2004 at 4:45am

Hello,

I need to dynamically create a CXTPToolbar (8.61 suite) at runtime. I add controls using

CXTPControls* pControls = m_pSnapInToolBar->GetControls(); 
CXTPControl* pControl = pControls->Add( xtpControlButton, nID );

where m_pSnapinToolbar is a CXTPToolbar and nID is the ID of the (corresponding menu) item(s). I also need to create images for the toolbar, the images will be provided by an external DLL as HBITMAP handles. The problem is that i cannot find a way to add my CBitmap images (which are 15x15 pixels) to the toolbar. I tried using the different formats of CImageManager->SetIcons(...) but i can't get any of them to work with bitmaps. When i use HICON's which are 32x32 it all seems to be ok, but i *must* use bitmaps. (Also icons of 16x16 size will not work)

So what i need is a way to add a CXTPControl to a toolbar, set it's ID, tooltip, description AND IMAGE using a bitmap.

Thanks, jowi

Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2004 at 9:38am

Use

BOOL CXTPImageManager::SetIcons(CBitmap& bmpIcons, UINT* pCommands, int nCount, CSize szIcon, XTPImageState imageState = xtpImageNormal, BOOL bAlpha = FALSE);

JoWi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2004 at 2:04am

Thanks Sven, but i can't get that to work either. COuld you give me an example ? The function you describe probably expects a CBitmap which contains images for ALL buttons, concatenated one after another, like a toolbar resource i guess. I need to set ONE bitmap for ONE particular button.

Let's say i want a toolbar with ONE button, and i only have a BITMAP for that button ( NO icon, NO Imagelist, NO resource usage or entries whatsoever) , how do i create the toolbar ?

Thanks

Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2004 at 4:34am
You can call SetIcons(...) more than once, for each button you like to add.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic