Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about the Xtreme products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxgrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about the Xtreme products
    Posted: 09 May 2003 at 3:25am

What's the version of current Xtreme Toolkit? Does it still contain the MenuBar, DockingView and Property Grid?

It's seems that codejock.com extract part of original Xtreme Toolkit and sell it seperate.

chaos user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaos user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2003 at 10:25am

I must admit I'm really curious to know if this is so! I bought maintainance and if they take the "coolest" controls and start selling the separately IT WONT BE NICE

So, I'm also waitng fo an answer here!

//forever loop
while(metal.rulez())
dostuff(); // :)
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2003 at 7:20pm

Hello!

The Xtreme Property Grid has been taken out of the newest version of the Xtreme Toolkit in order to make it available as a separate product.  The remainder of the Xtreme Toolkit will remain in tact and has not been broken up.  Existing customers who have purchased the Xtreme Toolkit prior to May 7th, 2003 will receive a free upgrade to the Xtreme Property Grid at no additional cost providing your support and maintenance agreement is active.

The additional products that you see on our site such as Xtreme Command Bars and Xtreme Docking Pane are entirely new products that have been developed as part of our Professional Series of products.  These products incorporate complex docking algorithms and advanced theme support.  These new products have no affiliation with any previous versions of the Xtreme Toolkit.  We will be coming out with a professional version of the Xtreme Toolkit which will be named Xtreme Toolkit Pro and will incorporate the entire Xtreme Suite plus all of the common controls found in the standard version of the Xtreme Toolkit.   I hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Edited by Administrator
chaos user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaos user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2003 at 1:35am

I think I could live with that.

I have no choice, do I?

//forever loop
while(metal.rulez())
dostuff(); // :)
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2003 at 12:51pm

The Xtreme Property Grid will work seamlessly with the standard version of the Xtreme Toolkit so you will have very minimal changes that you have to make with your code in order to use the new versions.

jwhagen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2003 at 3:46pm

Can you please elaborate on the changes needed to incorporate the new Xtreme Property Grid with the standard Xtreme Toolkit?

My project sort of blew up (somewhat exagerated, of course   ) when I removed the 2.0 version and installed the 3.0 and the new property grid. My project uses the property grid so I need to integrate this update. Presently, my system can't seem to find the property grid files on its own.

In manually looking at the files, it also appears the class name has changed from XTP... to XTPP...

Any pointers you can provide to make these minimal changes would be greatly appreciate.

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2003 at 10:57am

Hello,

Please take a look at the VisualStudio 7.0 project.  This demonstrates how to use the property grid with the standard version of Xtreme Toolkit.  You will need to look at the stdafx.h and GUI_VisualStudio7.rc2 files for starters.

Best regards,
Codejock Support

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic