Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pinnable Floating Frames - no notifications

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pinnable Floating Frames - no notifications
    Posted: 08 August 2006 at 2:58am
Hello,

I like the Pinnable Floating Frames offered by the library (turned on by SetThemedFloatingFrames() method), but cannot use them since I get no notification when such a floating pane is collapsed to its titlebar only or when it's expanded back to fully visible again.

Is there any way for me to be informed of these user actions? Will it be included in 2006 Vol. 4 perhaps?

Thank you for your answer, in advance!
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 3:33am
In other words:
I miss notification pairs like xtpPaneActionExpanding - xtpPaneActionExpanded and xtpPaneCollapsing - xtpPaneActionCollapsed which are really useful for me in case of Auto-Hide panels.
Does anything like this exist also for Pinnable (Auto-Hide) Floating Frames?
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 2:07am
Does anybody else have this problem?
Do you plan to add this feature in some of the nearest versions?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 2:17pm
Hi,

Just curious how/why you want to use them?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 1:50am
I need to implement some kind of lazy loading in one of my panes, since re-filling contents of this pane is a very expensive operation. That's why I need to know exactly when it is absolutely necessary to fill the child controls of that pane. I need to track visibility of pane contents.

Let me explain:
While only the title bar of the floating pane is visible, controls inside the pane don't need to be filled - since they are not visible yet. They need to be filled just in the moment when user makes the inside of the pane visible by hovering the mouse over the pane's title bar (visibility of pane contents is different from opened/closed state of the pane).
Also when a document gets opened in the app, this pane needs to be re-filled. But not when its contents are not visible to the user! I plan to have several different panes similar to this one in the future, so this lazy loading shall save a considerable CPU time on opening a document.

For autohidden panes I've implemented and I use this lazy loading already (through the expanding and collapsing notifications), for inactive pane tabs this is also solved, but with pinnable floating frames this is not possible. So I cannot use this - otherwise useful - feature of XTP.
spiderM9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderM9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 4:17pm
Ditto, I need notifications that allow me to turn on and off expensive background processing whenever any pane is covered/hidden/collapsed.  This feature is not usable without the notifications.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic