Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docking does not resize current view!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docking does not resize current view!
    Posted: 04 August 2006 at 4:36pm
Time to bother you again! Working on this huge project :)

I've tried everything. I actually managed to crash my computer when searching for a solution. Here's the thing:

In my frame, I have a docking pane and a splitter with two views. The sizes of the two views are very important, so I change them in CMyFrame::OnSize(). Now, if I attach my pane it simply pushes the whole splitter view to the side and NO size/move message is being sent!

I tried using Spy++ to track any messages to my pane and that caused my computer to crash. As far as I know, Spy++ only installs a hook. Why does it cause a severe crash?!

So my question is: How do I solve this absent resizing? Do I have to manually check the size of the frame window and subtract it by the pane window size and finally trigger a WM_SIZE somehow?

Thanks in advance!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 6:38pm
Hi,

When you attach docking pane/ when splitters of docking panes moved Frame never change its size, so Windows doesn't send WM_SIZE.
but size of _Splitter_ is changing.
So:
override CSplitterWnd (or CXTSplitterWnd if you use it) and catch WM_SIZE in this derived class.

Hope it will work :)

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic