Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE vs xtpPaneActionClosed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE vs xtpPaneActionClosed
    Posted: 28 June 2006 at 3:09am
Hello,

is there any difference between notifications XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE and xtpPaneActionClosed (inside XTP_DPN_ACTION), or is it a simple duplicity which has historical reasons?
I know the closing action itself can be cancelled either by processing XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE or XTP_DPN_ACTION->xtpPaneActionClosing , but the question is still there: Let's say I want to know about every action. Then do I need to handle XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE notifications if I examine all possible versions of XTP_DPN_ACTION?

Thanks for any clarification, in advance!
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 8:48am
Here is what the actions mean:

xtpPaneActionFloating - Docking pane is currently floating. This occurs when the user clicks on the title bar of a docking pane and drags the pane to another location. When this occurs, the pane is said to be "floating."

xtpPaneActionFloated  - Docking pane has been docked, and is currently floating.

xtpPaneActionClosing - Docking pane is currently closing. This occurs when the close button of the pane is clicked.

xtpPaneActionClosed - Docking pane has been closed. This occurs when the docking pane has finished closing.

xtpPaneActionDocking - Docking pane is in the process of docking.

xtpPaneActionDocked - Docking pane has been docked. This occurs when the docking pane has finished docking.

xtpPaneActionAttaching - Docking pane is in the process of attaching to another pane.

xtpPaneActionAttached - Docking pane has been attached. This occurs when the docking pane has finished attaching to another pane.

xtpPaneActionPinning - Docking pane is currently pinning (hiding). This occurs when the "pin" button is clicked.

xtpPaneActionPinned - Docking pane has been pinned. This occurs when the docking pane has finished pinning.

xtpPaneActionCollapsing - Docking pane is currently collapsing (hiding). This occurs when a pane is going back to its AutoHide position. If a pane is hidden and the mouse is positioned over the tab to display the pane, the pane is expanding, when the mouse is moved off of the pane it begins to collapse.

xtpPaneActionCollapsed - Docking Pane has been collapsed. This occurs when the docking pane has finished collapsing.

xtpPaneActionExpanding - Docking pane is currently expanding. This occurs when a pane is being displayed from its AutoHide position. If a pane is hidden and the mouse is positioned over the tab to display the pane, the pane is then expanding, when the mouse is moved off of the pane it begins to collapse.

xtpPaneActionExpanded - Docking pane is expanded, this is when the pane is fully shown from the autohide position.

xtpPaneActionActivated - Docking Pane becomes active. After this action, the ActivePane property will hold a reference to the currently active pane.

xtpPaneActionDeactivated - Docking Pane becomes deactivated. After this action, the ActivePane property become Null/Nothing.

xtpPaneActionDetaching - Docking Pane is removed from a group of panes. This occurs when a pane that is in a group of two or more panes is dragged from the group. The xtpPaneActionFloating action will always follow this action as the pane is floating while it is being dragged to a new location.

xtpPaneActionDragging - Docking Pane has started to be dragged. This occurs when a pane first starts to be dragged.
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 9:11am
Well, thanks for the detailed description of XTP_DPN_ACTION members, I find it really useful. Clap

However, I still don't know whether XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE is equivalent to xtpPaneActionClosed. What's the difference between these two? Is there any difference? Sure, there is one difference in how you can cancel the closing action, but I find them to be duplicated.
Am I right saying that when I get a notification of XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE, then I will always get a notification of xtpPaneActionClosed, too and vice versa?

Sorry, I might not be clear enough in the previous post.
Thanks for your answer, in advance!
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 9:26am
Difference is XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE is a notification that is sent when CXTPDockingPaneManager::ClosePane is used (in source or by you).  It was around before actions existed.

The XTP_DPN_ACTION notification is sent when the pane is performing an action.  This allows you to do something based on which action (described above) is being performed. 

So yes, xtpPaneActionClosed and xtpPaneActionClosing are actions the pane is performing and you will always get these action notifications when the pane is closed.

It is up to you which notification you want to check for XTP_DPN_CLOSEPANE or XTP_DPN_ACTION (then check for action).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic