Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Closed] Paste Button Image

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon HB9DRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Closed] Paste Button Image
    Posted: 07 May 2006 at 12:35pm
If I paste an image with a white background - say a smiley - the white background doesn't get painted with the current paint theme - it stays white.

What are the rules for pasting an image so that the background gets filled in the with current theme?

(I hope this makes sense)
Simon HB9DRV
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 6:27pm

HI,

Background must be filled with GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) color to use it as transparent.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Simon HB9DRV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon HB9DRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 3:38am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

HI,

Background must be filled with GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) color to use it as transparent.

Thanks,

Maybe for a future update you could optionally use a predefined colour such as RGB(255,0,255) or similar or take the top-left pixel?

Asking my users to fill in the background is a lost cause :-)

Maybe I could intercept the paste operation and do this myself but I would rather you did this for me .
Simon HB9DRV

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon HB9DRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 3:50am
Originally posted by Simon HB9DRV Simon HB9DRV wrote:

HI,

Thanks,

Maybe for a future update you could optionally use a predefined colour such as RGB(255,0,255) or similar or take the top-left pixel?

Asking my users to fill in the background is a lost cause :-)

Maybe I could intercept the paste operation and do this myself but I would rather you did this for me .

Hah - such nicely written code, all I have to do is change: void CXTPCustomizeSheet::OnCustomizePasteImage() !

Many thanks.
Simon HB9DRV
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 8:38am

Hello,

COLOR_3DFACE was choosed to allow copy icons in Office 2003/Visual Studio products and paste them in CommandBars....

So better think twice about this change....

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon HB9DRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 3:22am

Hello,

COLOR_3DFACE was choosed to allow copy icons in Office 2003/Visual Studio products and paste them in CommandBars....

So better think twice about this change....

Hi - not really a problem - I am showing this COLOR3DFACE to my users in an extra Help page I've added to the Customize sheet so they know what to do.

For the terminally bewildered it would be nice to have an option to automatically determine the color from the top left pixel.
Simon HB9DRV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic