Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FreezeColumnsCount UI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FreezeColumnsCount UI
    Posted: 08 December 2005 at 4:43pm

Hi Everybody

There's a new feature to set the number of columns from the left in a Report to frozen (FreezeColumnsCount), so that no matter how far you scroll to the right, the set number of left-most columns remain visible in the Report window.

I was just wondering if anyone had UI ideas for this. I tried adding an Edit Box to a right click menu to set the number of columns to freeze but the CJ Command Bars control doesn't seem to have an event handeler to handle an post edit Edit box event.

I was thining I could put up a right click menu when the header is clicked with a menu option to freeze 'this column and all to the left' but then how would one clear frozen columns. Another menu item on this menu to Clear Frozen Columns? Perhaps.

If someone has implemented this feature, I'd be interested to hear how you did it...

Thanks.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 9:35am
To clear, simply set FreeseColumnsCount bact to zero.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 7:57am

Hi Marek,

For example you can implement it in the same way as in CodeJock sample application

You can make this menu available as a popup clicked from header. It could be also available as a combobox from the toolbar.

Or as you wrote above, you can show custom popup edit form and hide it on Form_Deactivate event (see Report sample, Task List sample, popup DatePicker, frmDatePicker).

--

WBR,

Serge

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic