Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED]Problem with pane double-click restoring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED]Problem with pane double-click restoring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeArmstrong10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED]Problem with pane double-click restoring
    Posted: 25 September 2023 at 8:19am
Hi,

This problem is regarding the double-click action on a pane's title bar to toggle that pane to/from it's last docked/non docked position.

The problem only exists when the ShowContentsWhileDragging option is True.  The IDE is VB6.

The video below illustrates the problem using the SDISample code.  I am using Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX v22.1.0

At the start of the video, ShowContentsWhileDragging is set to FALSE and the behaviour is correct.  When you drag the floating pane G towards the bottom of the docked pane F and drop in the indicated position, pane G becomes docked below pane F.  Double clicking the title bar of pane G restores the pane to it's floating condition in the correct position, ie the position it was last in before being docked.

After setting ShowContentsWhileDragging to TRUE, the same double click incorrectly restores pane G to the position where it was dropped rather than the position where it was before being docked.  In this example, and in our application, this results in the pane being almost completely off-screen and I know this will confuse our end-users.

It is a minor point I know but this means our quality team won't allow ShowContentsWhileDragging  until the usual behaviour can be restored, and I really would like to enable ShowContentsWhileDragging as it looks so much more modern.

Is there anything that I can do to alter this behaviour myself or will it require a code change in the ActiveX control?

Many thanks,

Mike
agontarenko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2023 at 6:00am
Hello,

ShowContentsWhileDragging option allows to have behavior like in Visual Studio, so we consider this normal.

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic