Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XAML icons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XAML icons
    Posted: 05 August 2022 at 9:03am
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of information. It seems that if I get a XAML icon that is usable in WPF, it is not usable in our CodeJock MFC app.

Is there a difference between the two? We tried an Adobe tool and a couple free ones I found on line to create XAML icons but they wouldn't display. So, I grabbed one from the CJ source and used it with no problem. I seem to recall the two were just using different elements in the XAML code.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 6:48pm
Codejock's custom XAML rendering engine is solid (and useful), but far less feature-rich than WPF.

My advice is to test all icons in Codejock's MarkupPad utility before trying to use them, and be prepared to tweak the paths to get elements to align correctly, etc. Also some icons just won't work because they use incompatible features (path clipping, etc.).

Check out Axialis icons. Many of them work well with XTP with minimal tweaking.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 11:03am
If CJ has gone rogue and just implemented their own XAML, does CJ have a tool that let's one create these images?
dbrookes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrookes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 5:14am
This plugin https://www.mikeswanson.com/xamlexport/ for Adobe Illustrator exporting to "XAML for Silverlight" (instead of "XAML for WPF") has provided good results for me when creating/editing icons.

Some XAML icon sets like the Visual Studio one tend not to work as they use elements like DrawingBrush, GeometryDrawing and PathGeometry that XTP XAML does not support.

XTP's XAML is enough to get by.

+1 for Axialis icon sets as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic