Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPTreeViewBase not visible in Class View

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florian Bous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPTreeViewBase not visible in Class View
    Posted: 30 June 2022 at 6:54am
I use a class derived from CXTPTreeView in Visual C++ and have a problem, because I can't add message handlers like I am used to with the Class Wizard. The Class Wizard claims that my class is not derived from CCmdTarget. But actually it is derived from CCmdTarget, indirectly through CXTPTreeView and CXTPTreeViewBase. On closer look the problem is also visible in the Class View: CXTPTreeView is shown without any Base Types.

The obvious suspect is a multi-line macro that expands into the class declaration for CXTPTreeViewBase in XTPTreeViewCtrl.h:

DECLARE_TREE_BASE(CXTPTreeViewBase, CTreeView, CXTPTreeBase)

Unhappy

Does anybody know a way to solve or work around this problem, so that I could use the Visual Studio Class View and Class Wizard with my tree view? 
adamg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2023 at 10:55am
yeah, i have the same problem (i am newbie in MFC wrorld) and the class wizard, or control events in property grid was a great help, but switching to CJ controls make the work much harder.

wondering how other poeple work with CJ - everything done manually? XAML is not an option for everythig...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic