Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XTPChartAxisView changes cause endless loop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XTPChartAxisView changes cause endless loop
    Posted: 08 June 2022 at 5:14pm
The code changes to XTPChartAxisView of 20.2.0 cause an endless loop.

Between version 20.1.0 and 20.2.0 (I don't have 20.3, so cannot say if something else changed), file XTPChartAxisView.cpp underwent significant changes. Specifically, the CreateTickMarks() method had three lines of code added within the loop that begins with "while (dMark < dAxisMaxValue + CXTPMathUtils::m_dEPS)" at line 1420 and those lines are:

dMark *= m_MarkCorrectionCoef;
dMark = CXTPMathUtils::Round(dMark);
dMark /= m_MarkCorrectionCoef;

With the addition of those three lines and whatever else the changes do, that loop is where my program gets stuck; that "while" loop is never exited. With 20.1.0 and earlier, the endless loop does not happen.

I do not have a sample program to give you because it would probably take at least 3-4 hours to come up with a data routine and sample program to take the place of the PostgreSQL database values currently used.

Pesci7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pesci7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2022 at 5:47am
It is fixed in latest version.

You can remove that three lines of code and any reference of "m_MarkCorrectionCoef" from XTPChartAxisView.cpp and XTPChartAxisView.h
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (22.1.0)
Platform: Windows 11 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2022 (C++)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic