Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to use Tear Off Tab Clients

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to use Tear Off Tab Clients
    Posted: 04 October 2021 at 9:24am
First of all, great that this feature finally came to CodeJock.

Next is how to use it. Which methods do I need to call, and which do I need to implement?
* I can see that I probably need to call EnableTearOff on the CXTPTabClientWnd ?
* Do I also need to call SetTabClient on the CXTPDockingPaneManager ?
* What about ShowWorkspace on the CXTPTabClientWnd ?
* I have MDI look where I can minimize and maximize the tab client windows, how do I remove that, since I think that the tabbed windows need to always be maximized in the client, right ?

I can see in the GUI_VisualStudio sample that I can move the clients into docking windows, great. What about the other way around, making a docking window into a client window, or in the client frame ?

And finally there is a bug in the GUI_VisualStudio sample. when I drag the child into the docking frame, the size is wrong (too wide). And when clicking on the caption, another ghost window is created and when clicking it crashes. See video: 

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 1:03pm
In the MDITab sample there are no stickers drawn?

And I see a bunch of code for docking, undocking, tearing of etc. in the Mainframe.cpp code.

Does this mean that we all have to write all this codeinto our own program to make MDI Tab tear-off working? 
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 8:34am
I find this feature super nice, but it is impossible to implement.

Looking at the sample and transferring this to my own application is very difficult. Anyone having success with this? It would be nice to have a list of members to implement and the purpose of them. Please make a guide with the required steps going from a standard tab layout to add the tear-off feature.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic