Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Replicating ImageCombos with the Combobox control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replicating ImageCombos with the Combobox control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliketurtles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replicating ImageCombos with the Combobox control
    Posted: 02 September 2020 at 11:49pm
I'm trying to replicate the functionality of the Microsoft Common Control ImageCombo using the Codejock Combobox control. Here are the requirements:

- list must show images and text (done)
- user can type text into textbox portion of the combobox that will autocomplete
- the combobox should display the image and text the user selected in the textbox portion

I am running into problems:

1. If I set .style = xtpComboDropDown, the user can type text in the control, but it does not autocomplete and the textbox shows markup instead of just the image and text

2. If I set .style = xtpComboDropDownList, the textbox displays the image and text, but the user can't type in the control for autocompletion. The list is long, so selecting via mouse is not practical.

Has anyone been successful with this? What combination of properties or markup will allow me to do this?

iliketurtles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliketurtles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 10:40am
Any thoughts? I'm desperate to make this work. I've experimented with the markup but I can't produce a result that displays the image and text in the textbox (without markup) while also allowing autocomplete.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic