Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Codejock Toolkit Pro and Suite Pro v19.0 Released!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Codejock Toolkit Pro and Suite Pro v19.0 Released! - Event Date: 17 June 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Codejock Toolkit Pro and Suite Pro v19.0 Released!
    Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:54pm
Codejock Toolkit Pro and Suite Pro v19.0 Released!

Version 19 release contains several new features and updates. These updates include support for Visual Studio 19 and Windows 10 skins in addition to many more features including the much-anticipated 3D Chart enhancements.

Here are just a few of the features that we’ve been working on for this release:

Toolkit Pro Application Wizard

New for Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019. If you have chosen to install it using either Deploy Wizard or manually from this VSIX extension file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme ToolkitPro v19.0.0\Utils\AppWizard\vc1xx\XTPWizard.vsix) you will be able to generate fully working applications with a set of predefined Toolkit Pro components and functionality in just a few mouse clicks! Hundreds of possible combinations of all our components and most popular settings allow you to create a solid foundation for your new great application, be it a simple dialog based app with a menu or a complex ribbon based app with a backstage, docking panes, task panels, skins, charts, property grid, etc.

Vector Icons Support

This support is specifically for XAML icons, it's a big step towards seamless and complete DPI support by ToolkitPro and SuitePro driven applications. You are now able to load state specific XAML icons for a desired target width into image managers and take advantage of crisp and scalable icons in CommandBars, RibbonBar, and pretty much everywhere where image managers are used. The icons can be loaded from memory, resources, streams, can be serialized and deserialized just like normal icons. As it's quite a big feature many possible applicable areas will improve support for it in the course of the next maintenance updates and more and more XAML capabilities will get added overtime in order to ensure you can use any icons of your preference.

Windows 10 Skin

Added for Toolkit Pro and Suite Pro includes a number of supported color schemes. Give your application a consistent Windows 10-like appearance on all Windows OS versions.

Utilities and Samples

Codejock samples and utilities have been significantly improved and applied a modern look so that you are able to not only work more efficiently with our tools, but also see and explore where and how you can apply all ToolkitPro and SuitePro capabilities at their best!

Viewbox and Opacity

This support has been added to Markup which allow scalable images and advanced image composition:

3D Pyramid Chart

3D pyramid chart support has been added, here are a few examples:

We'll be happy to hear all feedback from you about this release and we're grateful in advance for sharing your thoughts with us. Please refer to our release notes for this version on our website https://codejock.com/products/releasenotes/release_notes.asp, and use the following communication means for sharing your feedback with us:
We understand the importance of all feature requests. We are working our best to deliver all promised features as fast as possible. We hope that this release will exceed your expectations. More are in the works for future releases too. 

- Codejock Development Team!
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 12:32pm
What about High-DPI support for Office 2007/2010 calendar theme?
Requested by our customers so badly.

markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2019 at 3:17pm
Does CodeJock have any intention of supporting the use of XAML paths for toolbar icons?

This feature would make it much easier to develop DPI-aware applications because toolbar and ribbon bar icons could scale seamlessly (without the need to provide toolbar image strips in a multitude of sizes).

XTP is already using markup extensively (with the modern themes) to render parts of the ribbon, window frame, etc. Why not support icon rendering in this format as well?

Would appreciate any thoughts or feedback, and thanks again.
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by markr markr wrote:

Does CodeJock have any intention of supporting the use of XAML paths for toolbar icons?

This feature would make it much easier to develop DPI-aware applications because toolbar and ribbon bar icons could scale seamlessly (without the need to provide toolbar image strips in a multitude of sizes).

XTP is already using markup extensively (with the modern themes) to render parts of the ribbon, window frame, etc. Why not support icon rendering in this format as well?

Would appreciate any thoughts or feedback, and thanks again.

Or SVG graphics included in XAML!
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 7:44am
> Or SVG graphics included in XAML!

I'm using SVG for some icons but it would be handy if you could add support to gray out SVG icons without having to change the colors in the SVG path to a gray scale yourself. 
Windows 10, Visual Studio 20157, Toolkit Pro 18.3.0
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 3:43pm
Thank you for your feedbacks!

I cannot make loud promises, but XAML icons are coming, and hopefully they will be available very soon. There will be some limitations as we still need to add support for more XAML elements, but that work is already in progress too. SVG icons most likely will only be available after XAML icons are established. But eventually both formats will be supported as we can see a very high demand for it.

Macro1 has also asked about DPI support for Office 2007/2010 calendar themes. This one is needed as well, and we know about it. But in this case it's the hard question of trade-off between time consuming re-writting of old Office calendar themes and other very important features that Codejock users are asking about. We'd be glad to add full dpi support to every component, fix all outstanding issues that users keeps reminding us about for years, and add all new so highly demanded features but eventually it all comes down to resources and we have to address the highest priorities. We work hard and this one is one our to-do list too, hopefully we'll have it soon too.

Thank you!
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 4:10pm
Hi Alexander,

> but XAML icons are coming, and hopefully they will be available very soon

That's excellent news!

> There will be some limitations as we still need to add support for more XAML elements, but that work is already in progress too.

There are indeed some limitations to the current markup engine, but you can already do a lot with it in terms of icon rendering. I've tested a number of scenarios, and I think the main requirements would be support for opacity, clipping, etc.

Here's a quick sample of XAML icons that the current markup engine renders fairly well:

If you need help with testing, I have an extensive library of licensed vector icons (xaml and svg) and I'd be happy to help identify potential limitations, etc.

- Mark R.
salsa31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsa31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 2:41pm
wow!!

scottp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2019 at 8:40pm
Are there plans to add Visual Studio 2019 style theme for v19?
And what about the "Tell me what you want to do" or "Search Visual Studio" style control for menu and ribbon bar?

astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2019 at 5:24pm
One small update: Beta 2 is now available!

In fact it only adds full Visual Studio 2019 support and enables a new App Wizard for Visual Studio 2019. The lack for VS2019 support was a major showstopper for many users, that's why added it now.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2019 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by scottp scottp wrote:

Are there plans to add Visual Studio 2019 style theme for v19?
And what about the "Tell me what you want to do" or "Search Visual Studio" style control for menu and ribbon bar?

Both features are already on our to-do list, but VS2019 themes has a much higher priority. I cannot promise it will be included into the final v19.0 release, but there is a good chance it will be included in v19.1/2.
scottp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 12:24am
Our customers really ask for "Tell me what you want to do" style tool - this is a high priority for productivity in complex applications as it enhances the findability of the commands. Really keen for this as soon as possible.
lviolette View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lviolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 9:38pm
Any improvements to enabling the compilation of CodeJock with /permissive- enabled?
We're trying to move to more conformant compilation but CodeJock 18 has LOTs of issues with /permissive-.
Thanks!

L. Violette
Monolith
www.lith.com
Xtreme Toolkit Pro v22.1.0
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 2:42am
By the way, why do you call Visual Studio 2019 version for "vc160"? It is vc142 and calling it "vc160" makes it hard to use the macros $(PlatformToolset) and $(PlatformToolsetVersion)... 
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 5:28am
Feature #2: Both Toolkit Pro and Suite Pro now have Windows 10 skin with a number of color schemes supported.

Which samples exactly demonstrate the new skins?
I downloaded Beta2 yesterday, but after a quick look most examples seems to be pretty much the same.
Ribbon and Calendar sample didn't change much. Still the same demo skins.

Feature #3: All utilities and many samples have been significantly improved and applied a modern look.

Which samples are you referring to? Which samples are improved?

First short impression is rather disappointing, but perhaps one can give me a clue.
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 9:50am
Regarding shadow I got it on the MarkupPad sample, however when I tried to reproduce it I could not. :-( Sorry for not being helpful but the problem is still there apparently (using v19 beta 2).

rconn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2019 at 1:55pm
I've got a tabbed MDI app (working with 18.6.0). When I recompile it for 19.0 beta 2, I'm getting blank tab windows for Office 2013 and 2016 themes when I switch between tabs.  2007, 2010, and Windows 7 themes work.

Any suggestions where to look in the XTP code?
rconn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2019 at 3:52pm
I found the problem - those themes are returning rc.left=1 in OnDraw when the window is invalidated, which was breaking my margin calculation.  The other themes (and all of them in 18.6) return left=0.
agontarenko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2019 at 3:32am
Hello, can you explain more detail how I can to reproduce this bug with our samples?
Can you attach any screenshots or sample.

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2019 at 4:32pm
I'm looking forward to experimenting with the new vector/xaml icon feature. 

And support for viewbox and opacity are great additions to markup support in general.

Any idea when you might support the XAML "clip" property? A lot of the professional vector icons I'd like to use include clip paths.

Regards,

Mark R.
adamg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2019 at 5:03pm
when we can count of the full support of themes in CJ? (especially scrollbars?)
a.schoenle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.schoenle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2019 at 3:26am
Unfortunately it seems like 19.0.0 still does not compile with /permissive-. I had modified 18.6.0 to be conformant and we use this modified version in our product. I had sent a patch to CodeJock, hoping they would use it and make it part of 19.0.0 but unfortunately this did not happen.

lviolette View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lviolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2019 at 4:37pm
That is unfortunate.

I am not looking forward to trying to do what you did in 18.6.0 in our code base.
L. Violette
Monolith
www.lith.com
a.schoenle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.schoenle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2019 at 2:20am
@lviolette
I had a go at it using my 18.6.0 patch and it turns out that a rebase to 19.0.0 did most of the work with conflicts mainly stemming from formatting changes.
I did no systematic test but our SW seems to run fine using 19.0.0 with the patch applied so maybe the patch is useful to you.
To apply, run
patch -p1 < ../toolkitpro-19.0.0-conforming.patch
from the toolkit pro root installation directory (i.e. 'Xtreme ToolkitPro v19.0.0').
Hope this helps.

Best,
Andreas
lviolette View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lviolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2019 at 2:18pm
@Andreas
Thank you.  We're not likely to update for a few months, but I may try your patch out locally for testing in the mean-time.  I'd need to integrate it in with our own set of changes that we make to CodeJock for both bugs and additional functionality.

Thanks again!
Leo.
L. Violette
Monolith
www.lith.com
Taro View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:19pm
Do this version accept SVG icon? Please kindly confirm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic