Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ribbonbar: ControlsGrouping & IconId

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superpippo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbonbar: ControlsGrouping & IconId
    Posted: 19 January 2018 at 1:35pm
uploads/1020/SampleProj.zip

Hi everybody,

in attachment a simple sample code in vb6 with CJ Commandbars Control release 15.3.1.

There is only one Form in the project, with a commanbar and a imagemanager controls in it.

The code simply create a Ribbon with a Tab and two Group. The Groups have some xtpControlButton inside.

All the code is in just the following 2 function: 

1) LoadIcons - load some bmp and ico in the imagemanager; for some of the Command Id in the imagemanager two bmp with different size (i.e. 16x16 and 32x32 pixel) are loaded.

2) CreateRibbonBar - create Ribbon, Tab, Groups and Buttons.

In the CreateRibbonBar the Groups are created in the following CreateGroup subroutine:

CreateGroup:
    Set RibGroup = RibTab.Groups.AddGroup(GroupName$, Groupid&)
    'Issue 1: IconId have not effect
    RibGroup.IconId = ID_Button1
    'Issue 1: If you activate controls grouping, small icons are used also if there is room for large icons.
    RibGroup.ControlsGrouping = ControlsGrouping
Return

There are 2 issue in this code:

1) I set IconId property for the group but when the Group collapse the there isn't a bmp in the PopupButton. What's wrong ?

2) If i activate controls grouping (set the ControlGrouping boolean to true in the code) all the icons are showed little (16x16) also if there is a bigger icons loaded and there is enough space in the ribbon to house 32x32 icons. Is there some way to have dinamically scaling of the icons with the ControlGrouping ?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards
Maurizio Fichera

SuperPippo
Superpippo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superpippo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 6:31am
Hello Codejock,

is there some "code angel" to answer me ?

Bye

SuperPippo
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 3:54pm
Hello SuperPippo,

I think that we have fixed issues with icons in GroupPopup in Ribbon (see this topic) but for ActiveX I can offer only update to newest version. The same about grouping - very old version and can't be "patched" with code changes as C++ version even we found solution.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic