Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVersion 17.0 (final) License issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Version 17.0 (final) License issue
    Posted: 07 January 2016 at 5:59pm
Hi Kirk,

I have just installed v17 Final Suite Pro ActiveX from the customer downloads area and installed it on Windows 10, however after registering the controls, ANSI, when I seem to add a control to a VB6 form I get an error message saying I don't have an appropriate license for design time environment. The issue is not there when I installed the last beta. 
TimLey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimLey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 10:18am
I too am having the same issue as Skreen.  Having installed the latest version (Windows 10), if I try to use the controls in VB6 I receive a license error.
itsmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Skreen Skreen wrote:

Hi Kirk,

I have just installed v17 Final Suite Pro ActiveX from the customer downloads area and installed it on Windows 10, however after registering the controls, ANSI, when I seem to add a control to a VB6 form I get an error message saying I don't have an appropriate license for design time environment. The issue is not there when I installed the last beta. 

same issue here.
i've checked the lic - files. the copyright line is not correct. Try to change the copyright line to "2003-2016 Codejock Software" and see if it works. For me, it helps.
iamgtd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamgtd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 6:24am
We have the same error in our C# solutions and the hint with the lic-files doesn't work. Angry
TimLey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimLey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 6:25am
I found the suggestion from itsmg worked well - changing the lic files manually has enabled the controls to be used.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2016 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by itsmg itsmg wrote:

Try to change the copyright line to "2003-2016 Codejock Software" and see if it works. For me, it helps.

Yes this is the recommended work around for this problem.  We will be releasing an update shortly that corrects this problem.
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
Metodo_Sviluppo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 4:45am
Hello,
i've installed the new Suite Pro ActiveX version 17.0.0 on a Windows 10 machine for use with VB6.
When i put a codejock control (for example commandbars) on a form i receive the message that i have not the license to use the control in design mode but the lic files are correctly installed in the bin folder of Codejock installation.
It seems that the system doesn't find the lic file for use in design mode of vb6.

Any suggestion?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.2.0
Platform: Windows 10 Enterprise
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

gibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 6:18am
It's a bug of Codejock Setup

See the workaround here
http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22845&title=version-170-final-license-issue
gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
Metodo_Sviluppo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 6:29am
Ok fixing the Copyright line solves the problem.

Thanks Gibra.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.2.0
Platform: Windows 10 Enterprise
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic