Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Action xtpPaneActionUnpinned doesn't update view
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Action xtpPaneActionUnpinned doesn't update view

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdancer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Action xtpPaneActionUnpinned doesn't update view
    Posted: 04 March 2014 at 2:08pm
Hi,

Docking panes generally reduce or increase the client's space area that is enabled at the moment. Let's say a simple CView.

When actions "xtpPaneActionUnpinned" or "xtpPaneActionPinned" are captured, the client space of this CView is not updated to mirror the new space area. 

So, how to know the new space area when one of the above actions are captured ?

Regards,

Just me!
sdancer75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdancer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by sdancer75 sdancer75 wrote:

Hi,

Docking panes generally reduce or increase the client's space area that is enabled at the moment. Let's say a simple CView.

When actions "xtpPaneActionUnpinned" or "xtpPaneActionPinned" are captured, the client space of this CView is not updated to mirror the new space area. 

So, how to know the new space area when one of the above actions are captured ?

Regards,

GetClientArea(rect) --> returns the old dimensions for the client area which are as docking panes are still expanded. Of course it would updated later, but inside the OnDockingPaneNotify  at the moment of event is triggered I get the old client area. 

Any recommendation ?

Just me!
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 7:39am
Hi,

I had something similar happen to one of my C#.Net projects were I was using the TrackControl within a DockingPaneManager object. Basically the events would stop firing within this form, no matter what I did I just couldn't seem to get it to resolve itself.

However I manaually resolved this by calling the DockingPaneManager.RecalcLayout(); method to force the change to redraw the panes correctly.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
sdancer75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdancer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2014 at 4:27am
Thank you, I already tried this and it works, BUT I think (I dont remember right now) that RecalcLayout triggers a repaint message that codejock framework will trigger either way and I am getting two WM_PAINT messages which creates flicker. 

As soon as I verify this, i will let you know.

Best Regards,

Edit :  I get Debug Assertion error at "atlmfc/src/mfc/viewform.cpp" (see the code below), either using m_paneManager.RecalcFramesLayout(); or CFrameWnd:RecalcLayout(); since when message xtpPaneActionPinned is triggered the dialogform is not created yet ! In this case the RecalcLayers is not working :-(

atlmfc/src/mfc/viewform.cpp line 90

#ifdef _DEBUG
// dialog template must exist and be invisible with WS_CHILD set
if (!_AfxCheckDialogTemplate(m_lpszTemplateName, TRUE))
{
ASSERT(FALSE);          // invalid dialog template name
PostNcDestroy();        // cleanup if Create fails too soon
return FALSE;
}
#endif //_DEBUG

Just me!
sdancer75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdancer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 6:58am
Any update to this problem from new releases ?
Just me!
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2014 at 10:21am
Hi,

I think this is normal behaviour of xtpPaneActionUnpinned action. Instead try to handle xtpPaneActionCollapsed, xtpPaneActionClosed or xtpPaneActionDeactivated.

Also other actions are defined in  toolkitpro\Source\DockingPane\XTPDockingPaneDefines.h  in enumeration  XTPDockingPaneAction.

Regards,
  Oleksandr Lebed
sdancer75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdancer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 4:10am
Originally posted by olebed olebed wrote:

Hi,

I think this is normal behaviour of xtpPaneActionUnpinned action. Instead try to handle xtpPaneActionCollapsed, xtpPaneActionClosed or xtpPaneActionDeactivated.

Also other actions are defined in  toolkitpro\Source\DockingPane\XTPDockingPaneDefines.h  in enumeration  XTPDockingPaneAction.

Regards,
  Oleksandr Lebed

Thanks for the reply. I solved my problem by catching the wm_resize message from my pane.

Best Regards,

Just me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic