Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

32-bit color in CXTToolbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgertner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 32-bit color in CXTToolbar
    Posted: 20 October 2003 at 11:36am

Hi,

In our application we use CXTFrameWnd for our main window, with an embedded CXTToolbar member for our toolbar. We have been using a 32-bit color bitmap (i.e. w/alpha channel) as the toolbar bitmap. On the surface, this appears to work fine, although the alpha channel doesn't seem to be handled properly under Windows XP since some of the button images have a somewhat noticeable jagged white border.

Recently I encountered what I thought was an unrelated problem; a crash at program termination in OleUninitialize(). After 2 days of investigating, I finally established that the problem occurs when I perform a certain sequence of actions in a CHtmlView (not sure how relevant that is). The crash only occurs, however, when the aforementioned bitmap is loaded into the toolbar. When I commented out the single line that loads the bitmap, the crash went away.

What is the status of 32-bit bitmaps in CXTToolbar? Are there known problems with this? If it is meant to work, are there guidelines on how to a) make sure the toolbar is displayed properly with the alpha channel and b) avoid the OLE termination crash. The crash is a little strange but I can provide an example that reproduces it consistently.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic